Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

new sony alpha release

hello all, thought i'd post this... and though i work for sony, this is the first i've seen of it... not much, but its something to get everyone talking... all you can see to start is the vertical grip, but its a start

www.sonystyle.ca/survey/alphaclinic07.html

discuss!
    Sony DSLRA100 w/ SAL18200
    Sony DSCW7B
    Sony DSCW80

Red face I'll be honest ...

If SONY wants my attention, they can send me one of the new rigs for trial. I figure I've talked them up enough for a quick look-see!

Anyway ... they claim 21 lenses to play with. Okay, they can send them along, too

Don't want to get too greedy.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I have signed up but am not sure i want to go and see new bodies. I just bought the 'old' A100! Still, these models are surely not going to be as good a price as the a100.
    Best of Both worlds:
    dSLR: Sony a100 dSLR w/ kit lens (18-70mm)
    Minolta Lens Collection: 28-80mm xi, 70-210mm
    Point and Shoot: Sony DSC-T11

My photo portfolio

My Flickr

Red face The high-end SONY

SONY is obviously looking to for a higher-end user with the "A10"-model, as it is currently listed at $1700 USD. I don't care who you are, when a body is near $2000, that is some serious coin.

There is also a major jump in price between the FujiFilm S3 and the new S5. Where they are getting these $2000 price tags from is worriesome. I know gas prices certainly are not letting up, especially here in Chicago ... the home of "vehicular wallet-rape."

I've taken literary liberty with a well known movie, to illustrate this point:

"Ah ah, I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking 'He's in Chicago, and gas there is nearly $.40/gal over the national-average, so did he fill up six times or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this monetary excitement. But being this here vehicle is a SUV, the most powerful gas-guzzling vehicle in the world, and it will get you to the shopping mall in grand style, at 12 miles per gallon, so you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel broke?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Are we being priced out of reality? Scarey times ahead, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-23-2007 at 11:58 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi