Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Mack Camera Warranty - Positive Experience!

When I bought my 350D in March of 2005, I purchased a Mack Warranty because I use my cameras HEAVILY and I had read about shutter failure in dslrs.

When my shutter failed recently I started reading reviews for Mack Camera's Warranty service, and all I found were horror stories. I think I found one good review and a hundred bad ones. Needless to say, I was very apprehensive about sending my camera to them.

I went to Mack's website and followed their instructions carefully, obtaining an authorization number, sending all the required documentation to them, included a ten dollar check for return shipping, etc.

I shipped my camera and it was delivered to Mack on Friday afternoon, April 13. Today, May 8, my camera was deivered back to me by UPS. The shutter unit and release were replaced, and the camera works as good as new. In the between times I was able to log on to Mack's website and see where in the repair process my camera was.

I just wanted to let people know that not EVERYONE has a bad experience with Mack. I feel it was $40 well spent, and I still have three more years of warranty left.

Thumbs up Kudos for being proactive

I've obtained MACK Warranties on my digital cameras as a matter of course for, mainly, peace of mind. In doing my due diligence into Mack, I came to find that Cameta Camera, BH Photo, and other reputable firms have long offered Mack Warranties with Cameta using Mack for their company warranty offerings on their demo equipment.

I haven't, to date, had to obtain service on any of my digis but will be sending in my D50 for service due to an apparent chip issue on low light exposures. I have a pending need for using it in a few weeks but will be sending it in to Mack thereafter.

For <10% of the camera's purchase price, with owner-transfer capability, its worth it to me.
    Telecorder [Dave]
    Apple Valley, CA
    FZ30+TCON17+RDS
    D50+Nikkor 35 f/2; 18-70 DX; 70-300 VRii + BIGMA 50-500 EX HSM
    Kenko Pro 1.4X TC
    Sigma EX 1.4X TC
    SB-600
    My Image Galleries

Rizzer Guest

Mack Warranty is a rip-off!

Showell - you are an extremely lucky individual! Not only did I send my camera in for repair (which they told me what needed to be fixed was not covered) but after receiving the camera returned from them - my flip out monitor was broken. When I called to report this, I was eventually placed on the phone with the president of the company and a yelling match then ensued. they denied having any part of "breaking" my camera even futher and refused to fix what they had done to it - let alone what the warranty "didn't cover".

In my opinion - they are criminals and I would NEVER advise anyone to waste any money on them.

ecofer Guest

Angry Mack Service is a Joke!!!

I agree with Rizzer completely. I bought a warranty on my Fuji and sent it in for service to fix some issues with the shutter button. I sent it via UPS and they received it on 9/21/2007. I then called on 10/11/2007 to check the status. I was greeted by an extremely unhelpful and rude woman that told me it was "entered" into the system on 9/25 (4 days to just enter it into the system???). The last update they had available was that it was assigned to a technician on 10/3 and that he hadn't started working on it (again, 8 days since it was assigned to him and he still didn't start working on it???) When I asked if there was anything she could tell me about when it would be fixed she got really rude and said, "Listen, I told you... it was assigned to someone on 10/3 and it will take them 15-20 business days to fix it. What else would you like me to tell you?"

So at that rate, the earliest I could expect it to be fixed is 10/24/2007, but could be as late as 10/31/2007 (according to my new friend at Mack). Are you f'ing kidding me? They received my camera on 9/21/2007 and the earliest I can expect for them to ship it back is 10/24/2007???? Doesn't seem like a very good deal for the money I paid for the warranty. Over a month to fix a simple shutter button issue? That is ridiculous! Mack Camera needs to either seriously up the manpower they have to work on these units, or slow the sales process (yea like that would ever happen). It just isnt' work the money for one of these warranties. Highway Robbery!!!!

I had a pretty good experience with Mack. Sent them a lens for repair and turnaround was very acceptable. I think warranties are hit and miss, really. I sent a Sigma flash unit in for repair (directly to Sigma) on August 15... no word yet.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

Thumbs up Mack Camera & Video Service, Inc.

Mack Camera & Video Service, Inc. would like to sincerely thank you for you to take your time to write about your good experience with our service. Mack Camera team works hard to assist all customers and deliver the best service. Thank you for choosing Mack Camera & Video Service, Inc. as your extended service provider.

Quote Originally Posted by mackcamera View Post
    Mack Camera & Video Service, Inc. would like to sincerely thank you for you to take your time to write about your good experience with our service. Mack Camera team works hard to assist all customers and deliver the best service. Thank you for choosing Mack Camera & Video Service, Inc. as your extended service provider.
    Interesting plug. Thanking someone because they wrote good things is nice and all, but you are only providing a service that was paid for. Providing good customer service is addressing the negative feedbacks, rather than pretending they're not there.
    Delivering the best service means treating clients with dignity and respect even when you can't help them. If it takes you a month to repair a camera or if the damage is not covered, this can still be dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.

Thumbs down Mack Camera Experience Is A Disaster

Below is my camera I sent to Mack Camera for repair it will be going on two months Date Entered: 10/30/07 and the camera has not been looked at. I called numerous times talk to a Manager Sandra she promised me that the camera will be repaired three weeks ago and sent back to me now she will not respond to my emails or phone calls. I use this camera has my main camera for work I am a Press Photographer and I have begged Mack to please please repair my camera and send it back. I will keep everyone posted and see if I do receive my camera back repaired one thing good the major newspaper I work for wants to do a feature story on Mack I said lets see and wait. Below is a copy of the email from Mack I omitted the serial number and work order number for obvious reasons. This experience has been a disaster for me and my family

Date Entered: 10/30/07

Equipment Item 1
    Make CANON
    Model EOS1 D MARK II
    As Of Date 12/17/07
    Status Location: SHIPPING
    Notes The unit is in line for a technician to be repaired.

ScottAtMackCamera

Dear Scott,
    Please respond to my earlier post on this thread dated 12-04-2007 in reference to negative experiences and how you intend to improve customer service.

We all anxiously await a credible reply.

Quote Originally Posted by showell View Post
    I just wanted to let people know that not EVERYONE has a bad experience with Mack. I feel it was $40 well spent, and I still have three more years of warranty left.
    Thank you for your positive post. Many people post about their negative experiences but the millions of others that have their equipment repaired with Mack Camera whom have position experiences usually do not post about it. So for that I thank you.

We are always trying to improve on our Customer Service, Repair times & new contracts.

Many people are fading away from extended warranties and service contracts, but now with our Diamond Service Contract we cover pretty much any accident besides from water submersion. Feel free to contact me or check out our website for more information on it.
    -Scott
    Mack Camera & Video Service
    scott @ mackcam .com
    www.mackcam.com