Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible news

Terrible news

Woke up to the news from Virginia this morning, I hope none of you have been touched by the tragedy
    Canon 350D l EF-S 10-22 l EF-S 17-55 l EF 50 f/1.8 l EF 70-200 2.8 IS l 430EX l

Fornography

www.vicwrx.com.au

As far as I know, no one close to me wasn't affected, but then again I guess they weren't that close if I don't know they're at VT.

I still fail to understand how someone can do something like that...
    Ouch.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by forno View Post
    Woke up to the news from Virginia this morning, I hope none of you have been touched by the tragedy
    As far as I can recall, a proposed law to allow guns on campus was defeated last November. The gunman knew he had no chance of being faced with an armed response.

It's sad to see what the humans are capable of. I don't think we'll ever get it right.
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

I just bumped into this story a few minutes ago. What a horror... I kick myself for never being around when terrible things like this happen. Seems like injury or even death would be a small price to pay for trying to keep something like this from happening.

... well, if I was in danger of liking the ways of the world too much, here's an eye-opener. God be with them all.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    As far as I can recall, a proposed law to allow guns on campus was defeated last November. The gunman knew he had no chance of being faced with an armed response.
    I don't think mass murders factor gun control laws into their planning.
    A prime is always a prime as long as its only divisors are 1 and itself.

Gear: Rebel XTI + Opteka Battery Grip | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 + Chinese Lense Hood | Canon 10-22 3.5-4.5 | 430EX | Lowepro Slingshot 200AW | LaCrosse BC-900 Battery Charger | Digipower card reader with Mood Light
    Elan IIe + crap lenses

im curious on why he did it.
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by fractalgfx View Post
    I don't think mass murders factor gun control laws into their planning.
    My point exactly. Criminals don't obey laws whereas the law-abiding do. This is where people end up dead because they cannot defend themselves having been disarmed by law.

Very true, Rhys. It's a sad example of stupid quick-fix thinking. There can be no real governing people unless they are decent and responsible to begin with.

... one of these days I'm definitely going to apply for a concealed carry permit (not too hard in Oregon). I doubt I'll ever have occasion to need it, and I'm not one who goes around worrying about my personal safety, but you never know what will happen. I'd rather a responsible person like myself had a weapon in a situation like the above.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)

I live in Virginia but I'm not aware of anyone I know being personally affected. It's hard to understand.
    Cameras: 40D | SX10 IS
    Lenses: 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 | 17-55 f/2.8 IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS
    Flash: 430EX | Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce
    Accessories: BG-E3 Battery Grip | Extender 1.4x II | Hoya & Singh-Ray Filters