Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: E-410/e-510

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,056
    thats quicker than my information, which says June 1
    i bet its fabulous
    Riley

    Pentax 110 auto SLR

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    thats quicker than my information, which says June 1
    i bet its fabulous

    Yea per Amazon.com they're saying July 10th
    Per the Olympus website they're saying June
    Per the man I spoke with at Ritz Camera when they called to verify my order, it should be in in a couple weeks.

    LOL

    i can only hope Ritz is true, but I'm expecting June/July timeframe.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,056
    i still think June 1
    that gives what 6-8 weeks separation between roll outs of 410/510/P1 respectively
    Riley

    Pentax 110 auto SLR

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    108
    As a newbie - would you recommend body only and some lenses or a kit.

    If lenses - which ones? The main focus will be family etc... and I'd like to stay in that $1000 range.

    Thanks

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,056
    you might not do much better under 1000
    the weakness is the shorter focal, replacing the 14-42 with something faster 14-54 is US$430
    the other kit lens the 40-150 is fine at US$230 (cheap)

    the reality is, the twin lens kit is pretty good value, and sees you thru 28-300mm (EFL)

    http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/lenses.html
    Riley

    Pentax 110 auto SLR

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    108
    Excellent.

    If the reviews come out as great as thought - I'm on it.

    Which month was the review in popular photography? Looked in the april issue at the library and no mention. Did I miss it somehow?

    This camera will beat the sony right? I'm reading so far it's cleaner on the higher ISO's?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    i still think June 1
    that gives what 6-8 weeks separation between roll outs of 410/510/P1 respectively


    true. now i just have to "settle" for using my 500 and new lens/flash that just came yesterday in the meantime

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by tonay View Post
    Excellent.

    If the reviews come out as great as thought - I'm on it.

    Which month was the review in popular photography? Looked in the april issue at the library and no mention. Did I miss it somehow?

    This camera will beat the sony right? I'm reading so far it's cleaner on the higher ISO's?
    It's the current issues (just got it in the mail yesterday) and it's not a full review yet but a look at the pre-production model.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
    It's the current issues (just got it in the mail yesterday) and it's not a full review yet but a look at the pre-production model.
    http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/3886...and-e-510.html

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    8
    I put some money down on an E-510 today and I'm 3rd in line for this camera. Also, May is the expected arrival date at this location; The reason for the one month early arrival is the shop really sold a lot of Olympus cameras in the past year or two and have been rewarded with the early shipment. I am really excited!! This will be my first Digital SLR.

    Warmly,
    Sassafras

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •