Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Printing 16:9 pictures?

I am curious as to whether photo labs are able to develop 16:9 pictures taken with cameras like the Panasonic LX 1 and 2 series?

After all, they are not of normal sizes like 4R, 5R etc

I'm not sure what you mean by develop, but if you mean can they "print" them, then yes.

How they print them is another story. Most places have "common" print sizes that they will make, such as 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc..., and if you want them printed on this size paper, you will either have to crop them yourself or have the printer crop them if you want the photo to fill the paper.

Some places will offer to print the full image on these sizes of paper with white stripes on 2 sides of the paper and that way the full image is printed.

Other places, such as ezprints.com, have certain sizes of panorama, 6" and 12", where they will print the photos on 6" or 12" roll paper for however long it takes to have the photo fit.

Now if you are asking can they fit a full 16:9 ratio image on a standard size, 4x6 or 5x7 or 8x10, without cropping, distorting, or leaving white strips around the image then no, that is not possible by anyone.

Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Schnoor View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by develop, but if you mean can they "print" them, then yes.

How they print them is another story. Most places have "common" print sizes that they will make, such as 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc..., and if you want them printed on this size paper, you will either have to crop them yourself or have the printer crop them if you want the photo to fill the paper.

Some places will offer to print the full image on these sizes of paper with white stripes on 2 sides of the paper and that way the full image is printed.

Other places, such as ezprints.com, have certain sizes of panorama, 6" and 12", where they will print the photos on 6" or 12" roll paper for however long it takes to have the photo fit.

Now if you are asking can they fit a full 16:9 ratio image on a standard size, 4x6 or 5x7 or 8x10, without cropping, distorting, or leaving white strips around the image then no, that is not possible by anyone.

Ray.
    thanks so much. i fully understand what you mean.