Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

is it necessary to add a vertical hand grip for a100??

i saw this info few weeks ago , but this vertical hand grip is not manufacture by sony , beside is by other company , do u guys think that is it necessary for a100 to add a vertical hand grip??

this is the look of that stuff...

this is the explain of that hand grip function , this is korea word , but i dun understand what it write down there...

Thumbs up Getta grip!

A vertical grip normally does two things for the camera body:
    1. It enlarges the standard grip to allow us "big-pawwed" photographers to get a better grip on the body by accomodating our "pinky", in the horizontal or landscape position.
    2. It allows you to flip into the vertical or "portrait-orientation" and comfortably trip the shutter, using your grip hand, without looking. If you have ever tried to use the DSLR in a "portrait-orientation", more often than not, your hand is over the top of the lens and above your forehead, making the camera difficult to handle.

While this DICAIN VG-1 only seems to have one battery slot, the Canon BG-E2 "Battery Grip" (only for use on a Canon EOS 20D or 30D Camera) offers a "second" battery slot, to extend the power life of the camera system and you can also employ the ACK-E2 AC power unit to supply "studio wall power" to your system.

Personally, I have vertical grips and power drives on almost all my cameras ... or attach them when I use them.

Anyway, I'm popping for one of these. I have enjoyed the BG-E2 on my Canon EOS-20D. I suspect I will do likewise with the VG-1 on my SONY A100.

Here is the EBAY link for this device.

Is it necessary? I guess that is for you to come to ... uh, grips with.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-30-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Just puchased one for my Canon 400D....great decision....I'd encourage you to buy one for your Sony
    Canon 5D MKlll & Canon 50D
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 | Canon 430EX Flash | Lowepro Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro Toploader 65 AW | Lowepro Slingshot 200AW | Kata 3n1-10

Panasonic Lumix FZ200
    Panasonic Lumix TZ7 (aka ZS3)
    Panasonic Lumix FT3 (aka TS3)

Ali Baba.....the Thief of Bad Gags

thanks for u guys comment , i'll try 2 get 1 for my a100 soon...

just wonder will sony lauch a hand grip for a100?? hope 2 see it soon...

Talking There is one ...

There was a vertical handgrip displayed on the expansion cameras at PMA. Obviously, it hasn't been released as of yet, but be assured ... there is one coming.

Check this image ... below. Look closely along the grip ... it a has a "grip-sensor" strip to detect if you are using it or not.

Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

that was a nice hand grip , but does it suppot for a100??

hope 2 know it soon......

Question The New A10 leap! Is it really a cost worth debating?

The SONY A100 has been a good trial DSLR, but I'm ready to spring for the SONY A10 (if that really is its name).

I imagine there will be a bit of a cost involved, but I figure if (little "if" here) I spent the $$$ for what it would cost to have IS-capable lenses mount on my Canon ... it easily makes up the difference.

Let's do some math ...

SONY A10 = $1700 (MSRP) $1400 (street?)
    SONY A100 = $899 (MSRP) $700 (street)

so that leaves $700 for IS-equipped lensing.

Let's do some common lens math, then ...

TAMRON SP AF17-50mm f/2.8 XR DiII LD Aspherical = $449 (MSRP) $429 (street)

v.

Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM = $1149 (MSRP) $999 (Street)

difference for lens-based IS? = $570

Subtract that from your $700 difference in the camera body price = $130 left for IS. Hey, wait a minute. You can't get IS on any lens for a mere $130. Guess this comparison is over!

So, the camera appears to pay for itself in 1 1/2 IS-equipped lenses. Hmmm, isn't that something? Gosh, don't you just love word-problems?

Somebody stop me ... this is making way too much sense.

Make mine SONY ... because handheld, at 1/20th second ... no matter what lens you use ... the shake ... she is gone! Oui Oui!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-02-2007 at 04:58 PM.

flickr & Sdi

yeah don , this is the another 1 reason why i choose a100 to be my 1st dslr camera!!

did u know that i can capture a VERY stable picture on handeld even i dun eat anything a whole day!! once u setting up properly , it really helps u bring down the shaking , even can say its a invisible tripod!!

but since i read at ur post here , i think im gonna save some $$ prepare 2 buy a tamron 18-250 aspherical di-II for my a100 , im stay in malaysia , everthing here is crazy expensive......

bytheway , where ur a100 made from?? mine is made from my homeland , MALAYSIA......

Is in my list

The vertical grip is in my list of "next to buy". Love to have.
    Ti eukolon? To allo hupotithestai