Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Sony A100 eyepiece

When I look thru the Sony A100 view finder, I cannot see the complete viewfinder field due to my need to wear glasses. I can't see the corners of the viewfinder nor the exposure data line at the bottom without shifting my eye around. This is NOT a focus problem as I can adjust the di-opter dial for sharpness. Without being able to see the full viewfinder field, this camera is unuseable, in my opinion. I have been searching for an eyepiece accessory that will extend the eye relief for us 4-eyed ol' farts that need glasses to see. I have looked thru Nikons, Canons, and Olympus DSLRs and I see much more if not all of the framewith my glasses on.....
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SOURCE FOR AN EYE-RELIEF EXTENDER ATTACHMENT FOR THE A100??????
    I have an investment in Minolta glass that I do not want to throw away and the A100 looks fantastic, but if you can't see thru the viewfinder properly, it's useless.....

Red face Info abounds ...

You may want to consider contact lenses for your photographic use. The SONY is a reasonably good camera and with your glass investment, it seems a shame to not use it.

Most of your exposure information is quickly available on the rear of the camera ... so as you adjust your settings, you quickly have it available ... big and beautiful.

Name:  Sony-Back.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  224.0 KB
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi