Sony CyberShot H7 vs Olympus SP-550 UZ
Which is the better camera?
I was all set on ordering the olympus when I found the new sony camera.
Or is there another camera which beats these two?
After reading more about the Sony im still favouring the Olympus.
I like being able to do Macro shots and the fact it uses batteries rather than a specific module (this will be handy whilst travelling)
Does anyone have any views on either of these?
I've read a lot about the Olympus and can only be impressed. (im not botherd about the advertising woffle of the rapid shots etc)
Is it because both of these are so new that no one really has any opinion on either?
Thought I would fill out the questionaire to see if anyone has any ideas for other cameras I might be interested in.
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
£300 mark (roughly $580)
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
Something between a compact and a SLR (im going to be taking it travelling with me)
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
Wouldn't want less than 7.
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
Ultra with macro
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
For arty shots, but also a all purpose camera which I intend to use whilst traveling around the world.
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
not a lot
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
not a lot
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
not clude up enough to know.
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
Olympus SP-550 & (kinda interested in Sony Cybershot h7)
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
Image stabilization, macro, wide angle would be a bonus.