Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Some D40 Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hey XaiLo - I'm here now!

Nice pictures everyone. Looks like the D40 can take good pictures. I guess the D40 must have some 30D parts in it! Just kidding! Thought it was funny with the D40 - 30D "word-joke-kind-of-thing"...and...well...never mind...

"I sense something. A presence I've not felt since...”

BTW Xailo looks like Spring is in full swing down in Hotlanta.
    ChrisVLinton.com - my Glamour and non-sports site
    sportsNaction.com - my sports site
    My Gear list

Xailo what shutterspeed where you using in those Hawks shots? they are good especially considering you used kitlens
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

Nice work / great shots XaiLo!

Is that a "Ferby" in the last series? I haven't seen one of those in years!

I want a D40 now thanks to you......
    Nikon D90 & D5100
    Nikon 18-105 VR
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 55-200 VR
    Nikon 70-300 VR
    f/8 and be there...
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
    "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since...

(---)
    Hehehe... I think, another Star Wars fan, there is.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Wesan,

There's alot of Star Wars inuendo going on here and in the "Some 30 Pics thread"
    When you switch from Canon (S3IS) to Nikon (D40) as Xailo did we call that going to the "Dark Side"

Drama was almost seduced by the Dark side but in the end he saw the light.

So when you decide to jump to the DSLR which side will seduce you?
    ChrisVLinton.com - my Glamour and non-sports site
    sportsNaction.com - my sports site
    My Gear list

chrisl, just getting started really.

ReG_00, most were shot at 1/60 f/5.6 ISO 800 all of those where sharpened, no biggy because of distance and the lens it would be expected... but there was no need to use noise reduction wow!

AMDnut, thank you very much dude... yes, that is a furby a plastic one I'll take a pic of the real one... don't think you'll be disappointed at all... I actually took the S3 and the D40 to the game I only took a hand full of sots with the S3 but it performed surprisingly well though. But a long zoom on the D40 would have made it a no contest.

Wesan, the force is strong here.I have to agree with you Wesan I'll try to make a conservative effort to get that information in there. But honestly my time is rather limited and with the way I handle my work flow it wouldn't make much sense to most. What I mean by that is for the most part, my PP does not deal with hard fast numbers and is very subjective. Right now all my camera setting are neutral so the first thing I'll do is see whether it is too light, dark or if the white balance is off. If need be I'll look at the histogram or threshold information to make sure data was distributed evenly. Then I may do a level or curves adjustment in some cases multiple curve adustments or create a duplicate layer and change it to screen or multiply to lighten or darken the image. then maybe a hue saturation adjustment, a filter effect and so on. The real problem is I use different techniques which is the key and without understanding the techniques the process can be meaningless. I've learned a heck of a lot about post processing over thee past year but not enough to really teach it. Lastly anything that I post here I do not save the working file just the resulting jpg. hth
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

chrisl:
    Which side that will seduce me? Well...I think I'd like to be Luke Skywalker... BTW - I tried to write my comment about "another Star Wars fan" the way that Yoda would have said it. I know from before, that there are a few Star Wars fans around here. I didn't know you were one, though.

XaiLo:
    Yeah, I understand you. It takes time to write down all post processing that you do, if you do a lot of it. And usually, we may not have that time. EXIF-data could be easier to post, though, because in some programs it's very easy to copy the EXIF-data of an image and paste it somewhere else. Or, if the picture you post here, still has the EXIF-data in it, you can use the program Opanda IExif to view the EXIF-data yourself.

Though...perhaps the more you learn about photography, the less important and interesting information like that becomes? It becomes more interesting to see skills of the photographer himself/herself and different lenses (in the DSLR-world)? On the other hand, if you're interested to see how a certain camera model performs under different conditions, it would be interesting to know what post processing has been done. Because, after post processing, you can't tell what the image looked like when it came straight from the camera. And this could be misleading for people who want to see how a certain camera performs itself. So some brief information about what post processing has been done, could still be in order, maybe?

Well...this was just a few thoughts from a "young padawan"...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

I see what you mean Wesan all of the initial images had no post processing done. It never really occured to me that anyone would think that the cross was an untouched image. Most of the auto pics were retouched and comments were made on the basketball pics. the last ones went through what I described above. But remember being that the settings are neutral I'm just enhancing what was there to begin with.

NikonD?

0.0%

Verticals - take #2

Washington Monument, Washington DC

Nikon D40
    18-55mm II @ 55mm
    ISO 200, F8, 1/125 sec, Matrix Metering

Shot with the CP, in NEF and processed with PE 5.

Ken

P.S. I got the 55-200 VR - it has only 7 blades. Haven't had too much time to play with it yet. Got worried by the VR noise, thought it was a bad copy, took it back to the store - apparently that's normal...
    Last edited by kdc41; 03-31-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Congrats Ken, I'd like to see how well it does.

NikonD?

0.0%