Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Information on Kodak Z712IS

Hi all,

I've read enough of raving reviews for Canon S3IS and Lumix FZ7, and even one for FZ8. I have almost made up my mind and comes along this new little black beauty from Kodak!

I have always loved the simplicity and the colours of Kodak cams, so when I saw this Z712IS, I was like, gosh, where can I get some information on this! Anyway, it's not available from where I am yet (in Singapore), but I have narrowed my search for a digital compact on the S3IS, FZ8 and very likely the Z712IS.

Anyone out there has chanced upon any reviews or has any feedback? Thanks in advance!

The Z712 IS was announced just before PMA - less than 2 weeks ago. It will start shipping sometime in April, and until then I'm not sure there will be any reviews available on the net (especially user reviews...). It might take even longer than that...

Ken

Good morning Ken, thanks for the updates.

Yeah, think I've got to wait just a little longer for this black beauty to be shipped here. Anyway, Kodak isn't a very common brand here in Singapore (it's flooded with Nikons and Canons though). But don't you just love the design and its underdog image!

I'm no hardcore photographer, just want to upgrade my skills progressively with more controls to experiment with, instead of jumping into the DSLR deep end to drown!

Well, I'll definitely wait for the Z712IS to arrive, so any plans for the Canon and Lumix will have to shelf until further notice! If you happen to have any feedback please post the links here! Thanks a zillion!

Quote Originally Posted by 6GHz View Post
    If you happen to have any feedback please post the links here! Thanks a zillion!
    Will do - as soon as I find a serious review on the net.

Ken

6GHz, i might be going to singapore soon. how much is the canon s3 going for there? have you also thought of the new h series cameras from sony?

Quote Originally Posted by peppy5 View Post
    6GHz, i might be going to singapore soon. how much is the canon s3 going for there? have you also thought of the new h series cameras from sony?
    First, welcome to the sunny isle!

The S3IS is now going for around S$680 (that's about US$400), though some hard bargaining would bring it down a little more. I know a shop that gives pretty competitive pricings. If you need any contacts, I'd be glad to share its address (no, I'm not earning commissions here!)

I have considered the Sony H-series, but the thought of them using their proprietary cards made me think twice, cos they're comparatively costly. And the shape is too a little lopsided... if you know what I mean!

Like I've said, I've always loved Kodak cameras, though it's rare here. But till it arrives, I think I'll wait a little to see how it compares with the S3IS.

By the way, which country you're from?

I've asked around, so far the best price is S$665 (or about US$390) including 5% tax (we call it Goods and Service Tax, or GST in short). That is including a 2Gb card and a digital kit bag.

Nope, still no news on the Kodak!
    Last edited by 6GHz; 04-03-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Found some interesting bites from the net on the Kodak 712IS. Enjoy!

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ns-Review-.htm

Kodak Z712

What we need is for Jeff Keller to do a review of the Z712. Since he takes consistent pictures of with all the cameras he tests I find these the most useful of the reviews. I can easily compare camera ability.

Actyall I am hoping that the Z885 will be a very good camera since I like the size better than the Z712 and I am not a serious photographer. But I migh get a 712 if it is terrific.

Al

Kodak Z712IS impressions and pics

I got my 712 5 days ago and have had occasion to take lots of pictures with it. It is pretty small (though not pocketable) and lightweight. It is a fast, accurate focusing camera. The 12x zoom is fabulous. It has an Auto mode that I finally like. The high iso on the camera does a nice job--even my worst shots at 1600 are usable (with a little help from Neat Image). There are almost no ruined shots due to camera fault (photographer fault, yes). The colors are definitely Kodak, but not as saturated as some of their cameras have been. There is plenty of detail in the photographs. In summary, it is a camera with a great combination of qualities and few faults. Kodak has a real winner here. In case you want to see some actual production from the camera, feel free to visit my Z712IS gallery at http://www.pbase.com/tgaf/kodak_z712is I have posted over 60 photos of various types there. There is a little glitch in the Pbase exif listing some times. I don't know why but some times it says I haven't used the flash when I obviously have.