Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Finepix F30 VS. PowerShot A710 IS ??

so ??
    which one do you prefer Fuji FinePix F30 OR Canon PowerShot A710 IS ??

I prefer the Fuji F30. But why do you ask?

because i want to buy one of them

thnx for your reply

bigger zoom and IS or low light?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

I am in the same boat. I am interested in buying either of these cameras. I do value low-light/indoor performance. But would like to find a good overall camera. Which of these would have a good balance bet. low-light and everything else?.

I checked the images of the A710 at: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A710/A710A.HTM

Versus F30 at:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F30/F30A.HTM

And I can't really tell the great difference in low light performance. This is why I tip towards the A710 - is there anything you wouldn't reccomend about it?

this is the problem...
    i think i'll shoot sveral shots in low-light and also liked the re-charged long life battery .. on the other hand i liked the zoom and some other features in the a710 like IS ' color swap and color accent....

is there IS in the fuji (or system works the same work)?

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by andres_x View Post
    And I can't really tell the great difference in low light performance. This is why I tip towards the A710 - is there anything you wouldn't reccomend about it?
    Those examples are of still subjects, where the A710's image stabilization can be most effective. Note the difference in shutter speeds. It's somewhat less useful for pictures of people -- high sensitivity and quick shutter speeds are what you need there.

The A710 is a fine camera, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
    Those examples are of still subjects, where the A710's image stabilization can be most effective. Note the difference in shutter speeds. It's somewhat less useful for pictures of people -- high sensitivity and quick shutter speeds are what you need there.

The A710 is a fine camera, though.
    they both have the same shutter speed: 15-1/2000

Quote Originally Posted by cj42 View Post
    they both have the same shutter speed: 15-1/2000
    No, I mean the shutter speeds used in the sample images.

I have a similar problem, can't decide between Fuji F31fd and Canon A710is...

Some points to make F31 a little better:

- Less noise on high speeds can be obtained only by F31... you can't get it on Canon
    - IS can be obtained by Canons, or by holding firmly a F31

- I love the color accent and color change too... then I found it can be done much better using Gimp (free software), just go to menu layer -> color -> hue-saturation and have fun... reduce the saturation of 6 basic selectable colors you don't want, to make them black-white... or change the hue of one or more of them... Other PP softwares can do it easily too...