Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonjour alle

Jarakeltor Guest

Post Bonjour alle

Bonjour miteinander.

Wollte mich vorstellen, nettes Forum habe gefunden indem ich nach "General Digital Photography Chat" gesucht habe.. Und finds ganz interessant hier..

Salut, Jara

Quote Originally Posted by Jarakeltor View Post
    Bonjour miteinander.

Wollte mich vorstellen, nettes Forum habe gefunden indem ich nach "General Digital Photography Chat" gesucht habe.. Und finds ganz interessant hier..

Salut, Jara
    UHHHHHHHHHHH Bless you?!?!?!?

LOL
    Greetings in frech, the rest in german....this is english forum

Quote Originally Posted by Pave View Post

LOL
    Greetings in frech, the rest in german....this is english forum
    Ya, I thought that was wierd. New member must be Swiss, a bit of french, a bit of german.....LOL

lol, I'm from Europe and it didn't occur to me at all.
    Anyway I'd expect a guy from there to speak English...

Red face Translation!

Oh, he was just telling us what a great forum he found here and also added that he found it interesting.

Admittedly, it would be nicer to have it in "the English", but that's the way of the world.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I thought so....it's good to know that my German is bad but not that bad
    Anyway why does he tell us something we know ( ) and tell it in language that is not used here (and probably not even understood . . . with exceptions like Dan of course )
    Which surprises me by the way...I thought Americans don't learn German too often...
    Last edited by Pave; 01-18-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Red face Lost in Translation

Well, to be honest ... my German is brief ... two years in high school and a week or two in Germany (Bremen, Goslar and Bremerhaven), while I was in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Personally, I don't really use it at all.

My son took German for the full four years, finishing high school this May. He has also completed two years of Polish and is planning on taking Chinese in college. Neither of us want anything to do with the 2nd language in the States (Spanish ... or more correctly, Mexican) in a personal decision to avoid promoting this problematic issue. If you decide to come to the States and live here ... please take the time to learn and speak the language! (Currently: ENGLISH!) We didn't plan on changing it and this AIN'T Europe, where the language seems to change every 50 or so miles (kilometers)! It's ENGLISH from sea to shining sea, my friend.

I know what you are thinking, "Bedeuten Sie das, oder sagen Sie gerecht das?" or words to that effect.

Remember, photography translates into all languages, as a picture is worth ... well, something.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-18-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Polish? Thats quite similar to Czech (in fact it is somewhere between Czech and Russian).
    btw. Your German seems to be pretty good for just two years back in high school. I spent 4 years learning (and hating) that language in high school and I don't think I could say I know more than you (I had to look the word "Bedeuten" up in dictionary).
    btw2. Even in Europe it usually takes more than 50 miles for the language to change. Could be something about 200 actually (more or less anyway ). And sometimes even from sea to sea there is the same language....take Britain for instance
    Last edited by Pave; 01-18-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Numbers have merit

Well, when I'm addressing sea to shining sea ... we're talking about three thouand miles of glorious fields of grain, two major mountain ranges, three incredible river systems (each over one thousand miles long). Heck, we even have a whole other country between the lower 48 states and one other state, which, BTW, is just about the size of Europe.

That's a lot of serious walking to be done. Along the way, you can casually shake hands with about 300,000,000 people here, 240,000,000 who speak English ... and the other 60,000,000 using some kind of import. I'd take an image of all of us waving, but my lens isn't wide enough, except at 60 miles up.

Again, in a country that embraces the concepts of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ... please take the time to learn the language, so we can all communicate and keep the ball rolling. I won't bug the Chinese about it ... they kind of have us at 4 or 5:1 odds.

flickr & Sdi