Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: Should SONY produce a "PRO" model?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The A100 is adequate for my meager needs

1 20.00%
  • Nah, I am still sticking with film for now

0 0%
  • The A99 "Pro" Model is a great idea! Get 'er done.

2 40.00%
  • I have got no interest in this brand

2 40.00%

Question Should SONY release a "pro-version" of the A100?

While the A100 seems to be adequate for the consumer market, I would like to know if there are enough people left or interested for SONY to release a "pro-version" of the A100 Alpha

For the sake of argument, call it it "A99 Alpha Pro." A "dust-free", sealed in, oversized 20+ MP, full-frame sensor; an easy-to-clean fixed pellicle-mirror; weather-sealed; "Super SteadyShot"; optional enhanced starlight-level sensitivity; and add all the nifty "pro" touches that make a camera like that ... worth it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-24-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Unhappy Wrong forum ...

Obviously, with the results I'm seeing, getting SONY results on DCRP is going to be a pathetically useless effort. There either is no interest or people simply are too tired even click a quick vote.

Perhaps the SONY will go the way of Minolta ... I suspect that with this sort of apathic resolve ... nothing could survive long.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-08-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

what is DCRP?

never mind.

Question Could it be ... ?

The expansion of the new SONY DSLR line ... imminent?

If PMA is any kind of indication ... Maybe so!

This could be potentially the final shoe-dropping event that takes all the great and currently owned Minolta-glass and gives it a new home and finally alleviate the pressure on Canon & Nikon to create a "in-body" image stabilization camera.

I really do hate the idea of seeing any manufacturer distracted like that. SONY seems to be planning to step up and fill this void. Nice work, dudes!

flickr & Sdi

here some info and picture i have seen on other forum , maybe we can discuss some of this FUTURE things....

this is the 3 model would be launch soon , and this is the spec of'em......

this is the alpha A10......

the diffrent of the 2 model looks...

.............SONY.............

Cool A10, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TEH_oo_ICE View Post
    here some info and picture i have seen on other forum , maybe we can discuss some of this FUTURE things....

this is the 3 model would be launch soon , and this is the spec of'em......

.............SONY.............
    That A10 has some hostile numbers ... and based on the Minolta Maxxum 7D, huh? I'm going have to go looking for this... seeing that is has been released. (March '07) $1700 ... hmmm ... gotta dig deep for a copy.

flickr & Sdi