Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: Should SONY produce a "PRO" model?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • The A100 is adequate for my meager needs

1 20.00%
  • Nah, I am still sticking with film for now

0 0%
  • The A99 "Pro" Model is a great idea! Get 'er done.

2 40.00%
  • I have got no interest in this brand

2 40.00%

Hybrid View

Question Should SONY release a "pro-version" of the A100?

While the A100 seems to be adequate for the consumer market, I would like to know if there are enough people left or interested for SONY to release a "pro-version" of the A100 Alpha

For the sake of argument, call it it "A99 Alpha Pro." A "dust-free", sealed in, oversized 20+ MP, full-frame sensor; an easy-to-clean fixed pellicle-mirror; weather-sealed; "Super SteadyShot"; optional enhanced starlight-level sensitivity; and add all the nifty "pro" touches that make a camera like that ... worth it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-24-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Unhappy Wrong forum ...

Obviously, with the results I'm seeing, getting SONY results on DCRP is going to be a pathetically useless effort. There either is no interest or people simply are too tired even click a quick vote.

Perhaps the SONY will go the way of Minolta ... I suspect that with this sort of apathic resolve ... nothing could survive long.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-08-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

what is DCRP?

never mind.

Question Could it be ... ?

The expansion of the new SONY DSLR line ... imminent?

If PMA is any kind of indication ... Maybe so!

This could be potentially the final shoe-dropping event that takes all the great and currently owned Minolta-glass and gives it a new home and finally alleviate the pressure on Canon & Nikon to create a "in-body" image stabilization camera.

I really do hate the idea of seeing any manufacturer distracted like that. SONY seems to be planning to step up and fill this void. Nice work, dudes!

flickr & Sdi

here some info and picture i have seen on other forum , maybe we can discuss some of this FUTURE things....

this is the 3 model would be launch soon , and this is the spec of'em......

this is the alpha A10......

the diffrent of the 2 model looks...

.............SONY.............