Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wills Guest

Problems with Kodak EasyShare Software, not installing, freezing computer

I have not been able to install the Kodak Easyshare ver 4 software on my computer, wondering if anyone has had the same problem and can help.

Using Windows98 SE
    Pentium 233mhz, 64MB (according to the software this is a
    minimum, valid system )

After the software installs it reboots.
    Upon rebooting the message "windows has found new hardware and
    is locating the software for it appears".
    Nothing more happens after this.
    If I look at the running tasks the "search for new hardware" is "not responding".

I have uninstalled and re-installed many times.

I have succesfully installed the software on another faster computer running XP. I have a DX7590 camera.

Thanks

Will
    Last edited by wills; 12-01-2004 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wills
    I have not been able to install the Kodak Easyshare ver 4 software on my computer, wondering if anyone has had the same problem and can help.

Using Windows98 SE
    minimum, valid system )

If I look at the running tasks the "search for new hardware" is "not responding".

I have succesfully installed the software on another faster computer running XP. I have a DX7590 camera.

Thanks

Will
    It could be that your computer is just too slow. Usually the minimum requirements aren't enough. When I had the EasyShare software on a Windows 98SE computer, it had problems too. Now with XP it runs perfectly.

h3sky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wills

Using Windows98 SE
    minimum, valid system )

Thanks

Will
    i have had diffrent problams were the software has loded and instaled but has not been able to find or reconise the hardware

eziukas Guest

Please help - problem while installing Kodak EasyShare Software

Hello,
    I have a problem - while installing Kodak EasyShare Software computer gives me a message "Setup failed while attempting to install a package. Kodak EasyShare was unable to finish your task. (Error code 1931x17x2951053040x)"
    What should I do?

digtech Guest
    hello, maybe someone can help, I have installed easyshare and am tring to
    transfer pictures. the computer will not reconize the camera in the transfer box. i use the usb port as directed. the title says a scanner is reconized and when you attemp to transfer, there are no files whict is true. I have tried to disconnect the scanner but then the software does not reconize anything even when the camera is conected via supplied usb conection cable. any advise will be gretly apreciated.

New Download

You may want to go to Kodak.com and download the latest version of the software (it's up ro 5.2). I did that and the software is working beautifully on my Windows XP computers. I especially like the ability to select which pictures to email and who to email them to from the camera. It then emails them when I synch - very cool!

Smile

Windows 98? Are you kidding?

I definitely would NOT advise using a computer with an operating system that OLD for digital imaging. Technology is rapidly changing, and digital cameras have as well. They are using video, and USB, and connect as mass storage devices, ect. Alot of the "newer technology" wasnt even thought of in Windows 98.

The answer to this is really simple. If it is has become that difficult getting Easyshare to work on Windows 98 then try one of the following:

1) upgrade your operating system
    (even a Win 2000 upgrade would be sufficient)
    OR
    2) change your camera software
    I quickly grew out of Easyshare software and began using other apps that had more features and was more effective. Don't get me wrong, I liked the ES software, it was just limited in its abilities (i.e. you cant even sharpen with it).

Here are a couple alternatives to check out:

www.picasa.com
    www.acdsee.com

With the Kodak dock and easy share software, I found it took FOREVER and a day to transfer images. Using a memory card reader and acdsee was much faster.

best of luck

Last edited by Techie419; 01-08-2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Techie Reports

imaclmom Guest

Angry Don't feel alone Kodak isn't working for me either

I have had my camera on this computer for two years next thing i know I can't download anything I can't even get to my kodak pictures. I called Kodak and they tell me I have to download the new program when I go to the site it kicks me totally off the internet I have a 5 year warranty and although i love my camera it ticks me off that they keep saying its my internet provider. I feel like returning the whole thing and telling them where to put it. It is the only site i have problems with. I too have installed uninstalled tried down loading my program from the CD it won't work don't know what they did but they screwed it up completely must have been one of there updates they did.

pirps123 Guest
    okay I have been having some problems with my Kodak Easyshare software. So I just bought a MD863 camera and it came with the 6.4 version. I previously owned a Kodak camera that came with the 5.0.2 software. First I uninstalled the older version then installed the new one..everything went well with the installation-I restarted the computer and tried to open the program. Then something popped up about there being an error and how the file LTD10N.dll could not be found....we tried to download the older version and the 7.0 version but neither of them worked...PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am dying and am about to go nuts!

Delete the KODAK program and you can then run the clear utility by going to

www.kodak.com/go/clear

Clean up the mess you made then you might want to try again
    sw2cam