Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Somes shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thank you mladjo for the advice. I have placed an order for the two books you mentioned plus a third one. "The Betterphoto Guide to Digital Photography (Amphoto Guide Series)" Jim Miotke.

Here are a few more...not sure if any better. Also sorry to bore you with my dogs...only subjects I have so far But I can see if I am getting better with them as I go along.

All of them are the auto-adjust of finepix software....they were a bit darker on the original and perhaps not as much color.

The last one is blurry as the dogs were in full run and I was trying to move with them. Panning???

BTW they are just playing They are 10 months old.

I take great solace in the fact that I am unique in this world......by the way, so does the world.

Nice moon shot BiPolarBear.

I was trying to get one last night as the moon was pretty full and there were clouds around it but no luck.

Thanks, my first attempts at moonshots. That one's underexposed 2 full stops, and still portions of it are blown out. I should've sped up the shutter instead.
    I take great solace in the fact that I am unique in this world......by the way, so does the world.

@BiPolarBear
    Try using spot metering instead of average or matrix. It should produce better results.
    Nikon D80 | Nikkor 50mm/1.8D | Nikkor 18-70mm | SB800 | Raynox250
    photo.net flickr fotolia dreamstime

That was spot. The exif is intact.

I haven't read the exif. Sorry then
    Nikon D80 | Nikkor 50mm/1.8D | Nikkor 18-70mm | SB800 | Raynox250
    photo.net flickr fotolia dreamstime

No worries. I should've used a faster shutter instead of underexposing, or in combination with it. Mea culpa.

Ok last ones until I get my books. Need to get a better understanding of how to make good pictures into better ones.

I added one of my moon shots...lots of things wrong with it but I see where I went wrong after looking yours BiPolarBear.Flash, to low a shutter speed, etc...

The last one I like since I figured out how to stop the water droplet towards the bottom of the photo.

I do have a question - Somewhere I read that pointing the camera at the sun even at sunset will damage the camera....is this true of moon-shots? If so what is the best way to avoid damage in either case....shoot off-center?