Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 91 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    This is better but still not too good -- blown highlights, contrast too strong. A little more attention to adjustment of white point and slight reduction of the effect strength would probably fix it.

Moreover, I am not sure about this photo, but many are tempted to try HDRI and they often do it by using one picture and then adjust exposure to make three out of that one which they then merge to HDRI. That is wrong. You have to take three pictures.

By making picture darker on a computer you cannot restore highlights which were clipped. By underexposing the shot you can.

Likewise, by making picture lighter on a computer you are not bringing out the detail from the shadows, you are bringing out compression noise and artifacts. By overexposing the shot you are capturing more information previously hidden in the shadow.

You are right levicki, that was made from just one adjusted exposure photo.
    Since i'm newbie, I will try then next time to get 3 different exposures using auto bracket mode.
    Thanks for the observation and for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post

Your other photos are good, those two are just awfull in my opinion. They look too unnatural. The point of making HDRI is to make it look more true to life, to capture original wide dynamic range, not to screw up the colors completely and to get fat halo all over the picture.
    I couldn't agree more. I was trying to use hdr to make some ordinary shots look a little bit more interesting. It is a fact that nowadays hdr is overused. This was my first attempt just to see the workflow.
    Your critic was constructive.
    Thanks

Smile

sharing some shots..

and lastly i wanna ask for these type of night shots, is this considered as over exposed ? i find that the shot is abit too "orange", anyway to counter this ? post processing ? and should i send my camera back to fujifilm to service because there are alot of hot spots in long exposure shots.

thank you all so much!
    Last edited by liionel; 09-16-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Beer Wagon

Downtown Leavenworth Washington
    Digital:
    Canon PowerShot A570 IS

Nikon D5000

Film:
    Fujica ST605n
    Olympus XA

Cameras from my past:
    Fujifilm S6000fd; Canon PowerShot S50; Canon PowerShot A40; Nikon N8008s; Pentax Spotmatic F; Fujica ST605; Canon Canonet GIII QL19

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Biopc View Post
    You are right levicki, that was made from just one adjusted exposure photo. Since i'm newbie, I will try then next time to get 3 different exposures using auto bracket mode. Thanks for the observation and for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by mladjo View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I was trying to use hdr to make some ordinary shots look a little bit more interesting. It is a fact that nowadays hdr is overused. This was my first attempt just to see the workflow. Your critic was constructive. Thanks
    Both of you are welcome.

General tips for anyone interested in HDRI:

- Use tripod
    - Use wired switch or self-timer
    - Use auto-bracketing if available and set it to at least 1EV
    - Lock the white balance
    - Lock the aperture
    - Lock the focus

And the most important thing -- don't over-process it.

Here are some new photos I took:

Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:16 AM.

Cool

The rest:

Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Cool

And this one:

People often ask about polarizer. Here is an example of polarizer use with minimum and maximum effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    sharing some shots..

and lastly i wanna ask for these type of night shots, is this considered as over exposed ? i find that the shot is abit too "orange", anyway to counter this ? post processing ? and should i send my camera back to fujifilm to service because there are alot of hot spots in long exposure shots.

thank you all so much!
    can someone please help ? i really wanna take nice night shots w/o the picture turning too orangey.

I think it's normal photo and colors.Maybe the sky is orange, but you can't see this?Or, the sky is orange, because in a photo too much orange light.
    I think you should use ISO 100, set aperture to F2.8 or F4 and set less shutter speed.Don't use F-Chrome color mode.Don't think about the sending camera back to the Fuji service.It's a shitty problem and i think the camera is OK.
    Last edited by artaz; 09-18-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Another HDR attempt :)

I hope it is a little bit better this time
    Attached Images Attached Images