Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 91 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1624
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Spain/Netherlands
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    This is better but still not too good -- blown highlights, contrast too strong. A little more attention to adjustment of white point and slight reduction of the effect strength would probably fix it.

    Moreover, I am not sure about this photo, but many are tempted to try HDRI and they often do it by using one picture and then adjust exposure to make three out of that one which they then merge to HDRI. That is wrong. You have to take three pictures.

    By making picture darker on a computer you cannot restore highlights which were clipped. By underexposing the shot you can.

    Likewise, by making picture lighter on a computer you are not bringing out the detail from the shadows, you are bringing out compression noise and artifacts. By overexposing the shot you are capturing more information previously hidden in the shadow.

    You are right levicki, that was made from just one adjusted exposure photo.
    Since i'm newbie, I will try then next time to get 3 different exposures using auto bracket mode.
    Thanks for the observation and for the tip.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niska Banja, Serbia
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post

    Your other photos are good, those two are just awfull in my opinion. They look too unnatural. The point of making HDRI is to make it look more true to life, to capture original wide dynamic range, not to screw up the colors completely and to get fat halo all over the picture.
    I couldn't agree more. I was trying to use hdr to make some ordinary shots look a little bit more interesting. It is a fact that nowadays hdr is overused. This was my first attempt just to see the workflow.
    Your critic was constructive.
    Thanks

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6

    Smile

    sharing some shots..





    and lastly i wanna ask for these type of night shots, is this considered as over exposed ? i find that the shot is abit too "orange", anyway to counter this ? post processing ? and should i send my camera back to fujifilm to service because there are alot of hot spots in long exposure shots.



    thank you all so much!
    Last edited by liionel; 09-16-2007 at 08:34 PM.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest (US)
    Posts
    128

    Beer Wagon



    Downtown Leavenworth Washington
    Digital:
    Canon PowerShot A570 IS

    Nikon D5000

    Film:
    Fujica ST605n
    Olympus XA


    Cameras from my past:
    Fujifilm S6000fd; Canon PowerShot S50; Canon PowerShot A40; Nikon N8008s; Pentax Spotmatic F; Fujica ST605; Canon Canonet GIII QL19

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    92

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Biopc View Post
    You are right levicki, that was made from just one adjusted exposure photo. Since i'm newbie, I will try then next time to get 3 different exposures using auto bracket mode. Thanks for the observation and for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by mladjo View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I was trying to use hdr to make some ordinary shots look a little bit more interesting. It is a fact that nowadays hdr is overused. This was my first attempt just to see the workflow. Your critic was constructive. Thanks
    Both of you are welcome.

    General tips for anyone interested in HDRI:

    - Use tripod
    - Use wired switch or self-timer
    - Use auto-bracketing if available and set it to at least 1EV
    - Lock the white balance
    - Lock the aperture
    - Lock the focus

    And the most important thing -- don't over-process it.

    Here are some new photos I took:


    Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:16 AM.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    92

    Cool

    The rest:


    Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:26 AM.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    92

    Cool

    And this one:


    People often ask about polarizer. Here is an example of polarizer use with minimum and maximum effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by levicki; 09-17-2007 at 03:38 AM.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    sharing some shots..


    and lastly i wanna ask for these type of night shots, is this considered as over exposed ? i find that the shot is abit too "orange", anyway to counter this ? post processing ? and should i send my camera back to fujifilm to service because there are alot of hot spots in long exposure shots.



    thank you all so much!
    can someone please help ? i really wanna take nice night shots w/o the picture turning too orangey.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    27
    I think it's normal photo and colors.Maybe the sky is orange, but you can't see this?Or, the sky is orange, because in a photo too much orange light.
    I think you should use ISO 100, set aperture to F2.8 or F4 and set less shutter speed.Don't use F-Chrome color mode.Don't think about the sending camera back to the Fuji service.It's a shitty problem and i think the camera is OK.
    Last edited by artaz; 09-18-2007 at 09:43 AM.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niska Banja, Serbia
    Posts
    32

    Another HDR attempt :)

    I hope it is a little bit better this time
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •