Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 66 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Some dangerous flying objects:

Handheld ISO 800:

Few more...

Nothing Required

Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    In my opinion, it would be better to ask for info about some specific photo when you need it, instead of requiring everyone else to post info for each and every photo including those which are not special in any way.
    levicki,

I am not looking to require any information from anyone on the forum. I don't have either the inclination or the ability to do so.
    My point is that, undeniably, the more information you have about a particular photograph, the more you can learn from it.
    If not specifically, at least in a broader sense.

And thanks for all your postings, I do enjoy your work.

--rick

Pensive Horse

If you look closely, the horse's expression makes him appear to be deep in thought.

ISO 200
    F 5.6
    Exposure 1/160"
    Focal Length 66.7mm
    Pattern Metering
    Landscape Mode

--rick

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tralexan View Post
    levicki,

I am not looking to require any information from anyone on the forum. I don't have either the inclination or the ability to do so.
    My point is that, undeniably, the more information you have about a particular photograph, the more you can learn from it.
    If not specifically, at least in a broader sense.

And thanks for all your postings, I do enjoy your work.

--rick
    Hey, I am sorry if I sounded rude or something, it wasn't my intention.

I was just trying to say that knowing the numbers isn't everything you need to make a good photo.

I wouldn't want someone trying to "reproduce" particular photo I took by using the same settings I did in a similar situation.

IMO, photography is all about the freedom of expression while reaching (or at least aiming for) that technical perfection.

I am talking too much BS here, right?

Oh and thanks for that undeserved praise, I am just an amateur.

Cozmo, some very nice shots there again. Only that night sky has too much noise, you were shooting JPEG or RAW?

Cozmo, some very nice shots there again. Only that night sky has too much noise, you were shooting JPEG or RAW?
    Actually, these are jpegs, without any noise removal. Better than most others even at ISO200...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    Actually, these are jpegs, without any noise removal. Better than most others even at ISO200...
    I thought so. I agree it is better but it can be even better if you shoot RAW at ISO 800.

Speaking of that, here is one RAW, ISO800, F4.9, 1/60s, full tele (from hand), taken at 5:15am this morning. Post-processing as usual, NeatImage, resize and some sharpening.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterspirit View Post

Moreno_iv: These pics are great and I especially like the framing in all of them. Have they been PPed in any way? The colors are very vivid.

Also, thanks for the advice. If I remember correctly the blur indicator was on the screen even at that SS, although there was plenty of light. It is also possible I was just careless since I was mainly occupied with shooting the cute kittens and not really comfortable with the camera and the settings at the time. I am looking forward to understanding better how the SS/aperture combination works under different conditions.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. It is much appreciated
    It just takes some practice and reading the many tutorials available here to get yourself good with the camera. I feel sure that you will get it just fine!

I appreciate the compliments about my photos. I didn't have to PP these at all. They turned out really well and the lighting is so good out there that it really doesn't take much to get a good picture.

Hey, I am sorry if I sounded rude or something
    No, not at all. I enjoy the discussion.

--rick

I am a total amateur, awed by the quality of pictures posted in this forum.
    I took some pictures last weekend and would appreciate comments and tips to improve.
    Attached Images Attached Images