Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 60 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
    I just got my camera last week,, and i'm starting to like it, but i how come i get like not a clean shot when shooting landscape, this is just a shot i took but will the circular polarizer do the job or not thanks.
    Canon 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS, EF 70-300 IS DO, Sigma 30 1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 10-20, Canon G11, Canon speedLight 580 EX II LowePro Sling Bag 200 AW, Photoshop CS4 Extended, Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate.
    http://www.pbase.com/spartanwarrior

c&c always welcome....i played with the saturation a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hercules View Post
    I just got my camera last week,, and i'm starting to like it, but i how come i get like not a clean shot when shooting landscape, this is just a shot i took but will the circular polarizer do the job or not thanks.
    Hey Hercules,
    The haze could be a combination of a number of things. If it's humid the camera might be capturing accurately, or if there's a lot of dust in the air or smoke from a fire.
    A UV filter will help clear up the haze but I use my CP for shots with a lot of reflection, such as sun on water, and on those brilliantly clear days when you want to really capture that blue sky accurately.
    You can also do some PP to help clean up the image, maybe tweak the saturation and curves a bit to get rid of the washed out look.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Just a little editing... (season to taste)
    CATS! & a few other things... http://catographer.smugmug.com

Fuji S6000fd

Ok thanks
    Canon 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS, EF 70-300 IS DO, Sigma 30 1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 10-20, Canon G11, Canon speedLight 580 EX II LowePro Sling Bag 200 AW, Photoshop CS4 Extended, Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate.

Post Processing

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    Hey Hercules,
    The haze could be a combination of a number of things. If it's humid the camera might be capturing accurately, or if there's a lot of dust in the air or smoke from a fire.
    A UV filter will help clear up the haze but I use my CP for shots with a lot of reflection, such as sun on water, and on those brilliantly clear days when you want to really capture that blue sky accurately.
    You can also do some PP to help clean up the image, maybe tweak the saturation and curves a bit to get rid of the washed out look.
    I did some of what Paul is referring to here in post processing with particular emphasis on tone map and color filtering. To my eye, it is a bit extreme, but it is an example of the way things can be manipulated digitally. The tools used are the Opanda Photo Filter program (freeware) and Ulead Photo Impact (pretty cheap).

It's smaller just to reduce file size.

--rick

Here is how my HDR moon turned out from the other night.
    Paul, that doesn't look too good. It is too blurred -- you use HDRI to extract more details, not to kill them.

I have to add that I'm not entirely convinced that this is an actual HDR shot.
    I already told you that it is not, because you are not taking at least three shots with different exposure values.

Keep in mind that even having three differently exposed shots and tone mapping them into 8-bit JPEG doesn't count as true HDR.

For true HDR you need camera with HDR sensor, which AFAIK are currently commercially available only for security cameras.

There is very little info on this subject that I could find anyway.
    There is plenty of info on HDR imaging.

Here is my first attempt of HDRI using Photomatix. Note that I tried to make this as true to life as possible.

And another one:
    Last edited by levicki; 07-04-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Oh and I believe it looks better this way:

Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    Oh and I believe it looks better this way:
    Yes it does look good,

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hercules View Post
    Yes it does look good,
    Thanks. Btw, you need to change your signature (you've got Fuji now haven't you?)