Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 53 of 163 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    my first couple of shots with S6000. Any advice/comment on improving the shots would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

How does this camera perform for blurred backgrounds at high apertures (bokeh is it called?)

I actually have bought the camera (thanks for all the advice people sent) but its sitting in my basement hidden until finals are over!

im really starting to like the s6k but i realize that i have a long way to go to learn and know the ins and outs from this cam.......car show over the weekend

Dagdu, great shots!! Did you do a lot of post processing or is that straight from the cam? I promise I will start getting some of my own shots in here soon enough!!

Existing Light & Outdoor Samples from the S-6000fd

Hi Paul-

I just directed a friend to this thread. His name is Hercules. He is a prospective Fuji S-6000/S-6500 buyer. So I thought this was a wonderful thread for him to view a variey of photos.

Sarah Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by speaklightly View Post
    Hi Paul-

I just directed a friend to this thread. His name is Hercules. He is a prospective Fuji S-6000/S-6500 buyer. So I thought this was a wonderful thread for him to view a variey of photos.

Sarah Joyce
    Hey Sarah, as of this afternoon Herc seemed pretty set on buying the S6500. So Herc, if you are checking out this thread (which contains some wonderful photos), here's a few shots for you:

This last one ISO 800 and run through NeatImage CE
    Last edited by flippedgazelle; 06-18-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    CATS! & a few other things... http://catographer.smugmug.com

Fuji S6000fd

Love that last one especially flippedgazelle.

Here's another that I thought came out ok:

ISO 400
    f3.7
    1/10 sec handheld
    Neat Image noise reduction and unsharp mask
    Last edited by TimB; 06-18-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Sarah Joyce, flippedgazelle, i want to thank both of you, you've been alot of help i am going to buy the S6500 next week and will also start to post pictures in here, i am seeing very sharp photos from this Fuji with really nice colors as well how can you resist a camera like this, and most of all i like the idea of going on vacation and not having to change lenses, Fantastic
    Canon 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS, EF 70-300 IS DO, Sigma 30 1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 10-20, Canon G11, Canon speedLight 580 EX II LowePro Sling Bag 200 AW, Photoshop CS4 Extended, Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate.
    http://www.pbase.com/spartanwarrior

A pretty little wild orchid which I found growing in my own backyard! It's only about the size of a pinky finger nail. (Super macro mode). Second pic is cropped from first.

To Hercules, I too am a new user and I find that the camera's auto mode is more than disappointing. Very terrible auto mode which overexposes almost every single shot and the flash is way too powerful and it also cranks up ISO to crazy levels! The fuji also burns out highlights (is this called highlight clipping?) in shots with tricky contrasts and light the metering also disappoints.

So be prepared to do a bit of learning how to deal with its shortcomings. I also have it on P mode which is basically auto mode but I can adjust the EV myself which I almost always set at -1. For the orchid shot I set it to -2/3. Otherwise that little orchid would have come out all washed out. Overall I give this camera a 7.5/10. Absolutely shameful full auto mode however (useful for quick leave brain at door shots). About the same quality (auto mode) as on a cheap PnS imo! That's IMO btw!

Oh yeah, I also find that the auto focus (its very noisy BTW) has a hard time with close ups when you're quite near the subject or the subject is small such as the orchid I shot. Hmm, perhaps I should just post a quick separate post of my thoughts on this camera after nearly 1000 pics. hehe
    Last edited by mzms; 06-19-2007 at 07:14 AM.

Useless full auto mode aside, this fuji makes a SUPERB low light hand held cam! I shoot RAW and post process if I have to go as high as ISO3200 though, cause the noise reduction is ridiculous at this level.

ISO800, 1/17s, f2.8
    hand held.
    Last edited by mzms; 06-19-2007 at 08:20 AM.