Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Ok, two more that were too big the first time.

The midday sun this time of year is really a side lighting opportunity so here is a statue of Nathan Hale in front of the Wadsworth Museum. ISO 100 F4 1/1400 @ ~150mm (36.1)

The second is of my boy at an indoor sports complex. ISO 3200 f3.1 1/140 @ ~35mm
    -Curt

The Nathan Hale shot really turned out nice Curt. Good shot.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Well I've made to my folks house for the holiday weekend. They live in Wabasha MN and it's a neat little river town. (Grumpy Old Men for those trying to figure out why Wabasha sounds familiar.) Most of my shots from the next few days will be from down here.
    This shot is kind of unique. This is a shot of a flat piece of pottery with a picture of a pot painted on it then framed.

Manual Mode
    1/15 sec
    F3.9
    ISO 400

H&S
    Curves
    Neat Image
    Last edited by P_Schneider; 12-23-2006 at 10:54 PM.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Here is a frosty morning in Minnesota. Normally we would have a couple feet of snow on Christmas eve day but everything that has been falling has been south of us this year so this is as close to a white Christmas as I'm going to get I fear.

Shot out the back of my folks house.

Manual mode
    1/800 sec
    F4
    ISO 100
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

This is a macro of one of the figurines my mom has about the house.

Manual mode
    1/60 sec
    F3.8
    ISO 400

Rotated slightly and cropped
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Finally have a spare moment...

Paul, always love your shots bro, good stuff. The figurine macro is especially clean looking. Very nice. I wanted to ask, is that outside shot with your polarizer? Btw, the zoom of the Vikings huddle is REALLY great.

CMY, the statue pic came out spectacular. It's also nice to see your son being active, and at ISO 3200 is ridiculously clean, but us s6K'ers have know that all along.

Okay everyone, brace yourselves. It's been awhile, so I'm gonna post a little 'ode to my s6000' and why it's hands-down my favorite camera ever.

(Note: All EXIFs are intact if you want specs. Shots have absolutely NO pp except for resize to 800w. Shot 100% handheld with vairous ISOs in 6mp 3:2 with a custom made UV filter. If I had time I'd pp these a little to make them nicer, but we'll see after the holidays.)

Disneyland Shots:

Let's start with a picture of a picture. I accidentally left the cam in ISO100, hence the darkness, and shot this at about a 135mm zoom from the Pinocchio waiting line. I can't wait to take this cam to the Getty museum, seeing that a flash-less shot of painting can look like this:

Next up is a handheld I shot riding the Matterhorn bobsled ride, which was at what I think was about 50mph. Kinda soft, though not too shabby:

This was a landscape shot while spinning on the Dumbo ride; for those who don't know, it's like those carnival rocket rides that spin in a circle. It wasn't really fast, but fast enough that I was surprised at the end result:

I really like how this one came out because of the richness of the reflections on the pond:

This is an island that kids kinda romp all over the place on, I can't remember if I've ever been on it though:

Here's a little closeup of said island:

These ducks were swimming to my daughter because she was eating kettle corn; I frankly have no idea what kind of bird the one on the left is. (Shooting these ducks reminded me of Paul's excellent shot on p. 1 of this post.)

This is the pirate ship that they perform the Fantasmic! show on in the evening:

I like this shot for two reasons: 1. My daughter took it, and 2. I read somewhere that pound for pound, the best 6mp camera shots are from either the Pentax K100D or the Nikon D40. I know those SLRs are in a whole other league, but when I viewed this pic @ 100% crop (see second image) I think the s6000 really is exceptional considering how far & high this tree was and how little my daughter is:

grip: KM Maxxum 5D | Minolta 50mm f1.4 neck: Sony A200 | Minolta 70-210mm f4
    backup: Fuji s6000fd | pocket: Fuji F20SE
    sentimental: Sony DSC-S85
    wife: Canon s800IS | 9yo daughter: Canon s410

...continued due to 10 image per post limit...

I found this one quite entertaining. This looks like some dark force is about to loom over the castle, though it was really just some rain clouds:

This pair demonstrates the s6's zoom, shot from my vantage point at the widest angle and then zoomed at max:

Bet you didn't notice he was up there. =)

Here's Mickey Mouse's house in ToonTown:

This is from an old prison cell where murderers...just kidding. Outside of the Disneyland castle gift shop:

Random

This was at my daughter's 8th birthday. Lights off, just the candles for light. Can you say 'ambience'? Nice, if I say so myself:

This was shot as the wifey & I were driving by this plaza. No offense to Thailand nor their people (I love Thai food and actually eat here regularly) but just had to take this snap, which turned out okay for a one-handed driveby whilst laughing:

Okay, I was planning on posting more but I am suddenly very exhausted. More to follow after I sleep this Christmas Eve food coma off. Happy Holidays everyone!

-Brian

are all these shots taken handheld?

Merry Christmas!

Hi SoccerJoe.

As far as my pictures, all were shot handheld. For the more difficult shots, like the birthday cake candle shot, nighttime brick wall shot, or any shot that may blur (like a long 10x zoom in low light) I use the EVF and just use my face as additional stabilization.

neat! just wondering if a tripod was used