Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 49 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Caught a family of geese out for a walk today while I was out and about at work. Mama wasn't very happy with me there shooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Here is a shot of the chicks in full retreat of me and my camera.
    manual mode
    ISO 100
    F4.9
    1/5000 sec
    cropped
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Just got back from the beach. Took a lot of shots with the fuji, still have a lot to learn... most of the outdoor pics turned out a tad on the dull side. How do you get more vibrant pics with the fuji without use of the chrome setting? Do I need to get a UV filter? I used Program mode most of the time and played a bit with the EV and program shift.

first picture: late evening, sunset. Auto mode
    ISO100
    F2.8
    1/60s

second picture, morning, sunrise. Program AE
    ISO100
    F4
    1/250s
    Unedited except resized in Picasa
    Last edited by mzms; 06-08-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mzms View Post
    Do I need to get a UV filter?
    I strongly suggest you to get one, there are two good reasons to have it:

1. It protects the sensor from (too much of) the UV light.
    2. It protects the lens from the physical damage.

This article has some comparison of commonly used UV filters. It shows that some of them aren't effective at all, and that some others can introduce some warming effect. As far as I have noticed, most Fuji owners here (including me) use Hoya UV filter which according to those tests does warm up the photo a bit, so that must be the reason why our pictures are not "dull".

I suppose that Circular Polarizer filter could be used to negate some of the warming introduced with UV filter.

Also note that the article I linked above is dated so perhaps filters produced today are of higher quality.
    Last edited by levicki; 06-08-2007 at 04:27 AM.

That's interesting. I've always felt that my images tend to be a bit on the cooler side, and I use a Konix UV filter (which I got free with the camera). I didn't know the filters affected saturation levels. Maybe I'll do a comparison by testing with a Hoya filter at the cam shop.
    Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    This is the only shot that I have and it was just a test shot so not much to look at. The effect is pretty pronounced.
    manual mode
    F4.6
    ISO 400
    1/30 sec
    Wow, that is pretty pronounced! Guess I'll just stick with the normal lens flare and see how well that works. I'm thinking that the star filter would be a bit too much overkill. But thank you for posting your test shot Paul, that has helped very much!

Smile Pics from Fuji S600fd

Like many of you I just got my FUJI couple of moth ago and so want to share some pictures and thoughts about this camera. All in all this is a great camera that take great pictures (after some getting used to plus steep learning curve), but it is not perfect. My bigest complaints are lack OIS (optical image stabilization) and lack of hot shoe. These two things hurt this camera really bad. I wich this camera had them.

Other thing I noticed is that when focusing with "Face Detection" on, it is slower to focus. I dont know if any one experience the same issue.

Overall this camera got me more excited about photography then ever before. So much that I am considering shooting the wedding with it. Do you guys think that this camera should handle something like wedding photography? (Of course I dont expect it to be like pro DSLR)

One more thing, have any of you used LuminQest Soft Screen as the flash diffuser? Supposedly it is reducing harsh flash effect.

Here is some pictures that I shot with this camera (untoched and unedited)

My first fotos from s6500fd

Helo! It is my first post on this forum and i want to say helo to everyone! I sed you my foto from first hours with fuji! I love this camera! Just good camera for good pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by igpo3737 View Post
    Like many of you I just got my FUJI couple of moth ago and so want to share some pictures and thoughts about this camera. All in all this is a great camera that take great pictures (after some getting used to plus steep learning curve), but it is not perfect. My bigest complaints are lack OIS (optical image stabilization) and lack of hot shoe. These two things hurt this camera really bad. I wich this camera had them.

Other thing I noticed is that when focusing with "Face Detection" on, it is slower to focus. I dont know if any one experience the same issue.

Overall this camera got me more excited about photography then ever before. So much that I am considering shooting the wedding with it. Do you guys think that this camera should handle something like wedding photography? (Of course I dont expect it to be like pro DSLR)

One more thing, have any of you used LuminQest Soft Screen as the flash diffuser? Supposedly it is reducing harsh flash effect.

Here is some pictures that I shot with this camera (untoched and unedited)
    Yep it's a great little camera but as you say, not perfect. The lack of OIS doesn't bother me since I've never had a camera thats had it. For the hotshoe you should have gotten the S9100 and if your considering shooting weddings I probably would have gotten the S9100 just for the hotshoe. (based on the assumption that you're not interested in a DSLR) There is only one way I know of to shoot with an external flash that is with a flash that can pick up on the main flash firing and then fire itself. There is no signal or TTL metering obviously so it is prone to errors especially if you have other people taking pictures with flash because it would pick up on that as well. This is far from a perfect setup and nothing I would consider using for a wedding.
    As for the diffuser I think most people just put a bit of scotch tape over the flash unit.
    Nice shots btw
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Diffuser question...

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    As for the diffuser I think most people just put a bit of scotch tape over the flash unit.
    Nice shots btw
    I tried the scotch tape but it makes this burn sound upon flash firing. So I dont know if it is safe or not.

Thank you for reply.
    Last edited by igpo3737; 06-08-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added Pictures