Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 43 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Lots of new pictures...

New Belgrade, aka concrete jungle...

My spring Flowers.
    I tried the manual focus on some. THat was tough to get use too!

I really like this one. It was with manual focus.

Evening light...challenging but fun

Late afternoon sun on plants and people...some shot in jpeg...some in Raw and edited with PE.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

A few more...

Here's a few pics I snapped last night and today...

A few things I'm having problems with...
    1. Getting a shot of the moon. I really liked a few of the earlier moon shots, and attempted it last night with a tripod. After about 25 shots, I gave up! Every pic came out blurry.
    2. Macro photography. On the macro setting, I can't seem to get anything to focus. I've got the camera zoomed all the way out (28mm?), with the object almost touching the lens, and it can't get a lock. Do I need to back up and zoom IN on the object? Does macro photography need manual focus?
    Any help you guys could give me would be SWEET. Keep the pics coming...I love some of these shots!

couple of shots from today

Quote Originally Posted by quikstylee View Post
    Here's a few pics I snapped last night and today...

A few things I'm having problems with...
    1. Getting a shot of the moon. I really liked a few of the earlier moon shots, and attempted it last night with a tripod. After about 25 shots, I gave up! Every pic came out blurry.
    2. Macro photography. On the macro setting, I can't seem to get anything to focus. I've got the camera zoomed all the way out (28mm?), with the object almost touching the lens, and it can't get a lock. Do I need to back up and zoom IN on the object? Does macro photography need manual focus?
    Any help you guys could give me would be SWEET. Keep the pics coming...I love some of these shots!
    Moon shots can be tough, if you do some searches you can find the correct settings though. I have yet to get a decent moon shot myself but I have seen other on this board that have had success with our camera.
    As for the macro if the object is almost touching you should try super macro, I believe it focuses on stuff that close, if not then back up an inch or 2 and see if you can get the lock. You don't want to use the zoom and macro at the same time.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Try using SP->Fireworks preset, or use a trick I mentioned before. Basically, you try to set the lens to their hyperfocal distance.

You either set it to wide and super macro to focus on objects that are very close or you stand back and zoom in. There is no reason to fear of zoom in normal macro mode. In the above flower shot in my previous post I used macro and 21.60 mm (EXIF) focal length from hand.

A Great Thread!

Many thanks to Paul for beginning this thread-

I posted originally, or early in the thread, but have not been back in a long time. It was inspiring to go through all of the pages in the thread last night. I like the S-6000 a lot.

So here is my current contribution:

Sarah

Another Photo

Here is another photo. Both of the photos were taken this morning (05/27/07). I continue to be amazed at the IQ output of the S-6000.

Sarah