Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    wow. i think all the night shots are certainly acceptable . Considering the ISO no real complaints at all. And like i found out- you handheld too. that's a little risky- but worked :-)

Ya I have to agree, in a pinch the high ISO can produce some acceptable shots. I didn't even realize that the hot sauce bottles that I did were shot in ISO 3200 until I pulled it up in photoshop. I must have set it that way but I don't remember doing so. It was one of a couple hundred that I shot while on vacation so I'm still going through them. That being said...
    I would still give up ISO 3200 for a ISO 50 or even 80 like my F10 has.

I really like the skylight shot, for a moment I almost thought it was taken at the MOA which has similar skylights.
    Last edited by P_Schneider; 12-13-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Here is an ISO 800 macro shot cropped at 100%. You can see a bit of the thickening of the lines and a few of the numbers/letters getting filled in but it's certainly a usable shot. No PP on this, straight out of the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

And here is one that's a bit more pleasant. This is a shot of some gulls taking flight down on the gulf coast right around sunset.

Manual mode
    1/150 sec
    F4.9
    ISO 200

H/S
    USM
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

I forget who was asking about how the S6K did with indoor sports but I went to the football game the other day and got some shots. I have to say for the conditions I was shooting in, the camera held up pretty good. I would guess that 1/3rd of the shots I had to toss but the rest were certainly acceptable. Keep in mind that this is the Metrodome so I was dealing with gray teflon above me and halogen lights. All shots are handheld.

This shot was taken during the pre-game warmups and I was in the second row shooting these first couple shots.

Manual mode
    1/50 sec
    ISO 400
    F4.9
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Manual Mode
    1/60th sec
    F4.9
    ISO 400
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

The next shot was taken from my seat in row 31 near the top of the lower level seating.

Manual mode
    1/80th sec
    F2.8
    ISO 400
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

This shot is also taken from my seat. Not bad for 100+ yards under these conditions.

Manual mode
    1/100th sec
    F4.9
    ISO 800
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

And one more just because I love this shot. Also taken from my seat.

Manual mode
    1/80th sec
    F4.9
    ISO 400

I almost forgot, all shots are straight out of the camera, no PP. Simply converted to .jpg(F) and resized for the boards.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Ok, I've finally taken the time to get a few shots up. Lets see if I can even do it! I did a little pp on all, mostly Highlight/Shadow (what an amzing tool!). All shot as JPEGs 6M-F

So, the first one is a wide angle sitting on the floor. I can tell you this photo had none of that 'pop' until the highlight and shadow tool kicked in. ISO 400 F4 @ 28mm with ~.5sec shutter

Next is a backlight of Corning Fountain. The interesting thing about this shot to me was that I was going for a silhouette effect but it actual got a decent exposuere of the statue which I then downplayed in pp. ISO 100 f3.7 @ ~50mm

Last was a hand held 300mm shot of the tower on the Old State House in it's first light. ISO 400 f4.8 1/1400 (so I had plenty of stops to work with before hand holding would be an issue (ISO 100 would still be a 1/350 not accounting for extra aperture available).
    Last edited by CMYanko; 12-21-2006 at 06:08 PM. Reason: adding comments to images
    -Curt