Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 21 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Spring is there as well !

A shot taken recently...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking All hail the Fuji S6500FD

Hi everyone. If it weren't for this thread I probably would never have considered the S6500FD, and now I own one. Here's my tribute. May there be many more converts to this amazing camera.

Arrow

I'm having a hard time knowing what mode to use when shooting!

For instance, today I was out in the garden with my cat and dog. Some shots have the sky in them, others just the subject and grass. Do I shoot in landscape mode? Portrait mode? Or do I have to be really clever and use one of the more manual modes? I think I resorted to using portrait mode for most of them, and when the sky featured in the shot I used landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPhecy View Post
    I'm having a hard time knowing what mode to use when shooting!

For instance, today I was out in the garden with my cat and dog. Some shots have the sky in them, others just the subject and grass. Do I shoot in landscape mode? Portrait mode? Or do I have to be really clever and use one of the more manual modes? I think I resorted to using portrait mode for most of them, and when the sky featured in the shot I used landscape.
    The S6500FD is more of a manual camera than an automatic camera. But manual is not so difficult as it seems.

Here's the method I use more often. Try Program mode (Mode P). This sets the exposure level automatically by adjusting the aperture and shutter speed automatically, which is the most complicated task. Press 'F' and select your ISO (Higher for low-light situations. Lower for a cleaner image). I find it gives me good results in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by shahmatt View Post
    The S6500FD is more of a manual camera than an automatic camera. But manual is not so difficult as it seems.

Here's the method I use more often. Try Program mode (Mode P). This sets the exposure level automatically by adjusting the aperture and shutter speed automatically, which is the most complicated task. Press 'F' and select your ISO (Higher for low-light situations. Lower for a cleaner image). I find it gives me good results in most situations.
    Great. I never picked up on that yet. I never do have it on Auto, but I'm sure using Landcape and Portrait all the time isn't the answer. Thanks!

Another question - you know the anti-blur setting on the scroll wheel? Is it the same as going into SP mode and selecting Sport? What's the difference between them?

Antiblur Vs Sport

I suspect both modes involve notching up the shutter speed and increasing the ISO, though I haven't really tested it out. In theory, both ought to produce very similiar results.

You can do almost anything using 'P' mode actually. Changing your ISO will probably be the only change you will ever need to make for any situation. Use a higher ISO for shakier hands, low light imagery, sports/action/capture the moment shots, shots taken at the telephoto end of the lens. If your not sure of how difficult shots might turn out try taking it in RAW format, so you can make changes on your computer.

Took this of an old tree trunk I have in garden.
    Cant decide though if I prefer colour or BW I tweeked the contrast for the B/W but the colour one is straight off the card just turned 90 degrees and resized for the board.

(P) Setting and Macro

ISO 200
    Shutter 1/750
    F6.4

Pentax K100D
    Fuji S6500fd
    Kodak Z730

New 6000fd owner

I've been enjoying everyone's pictures. Just got my Fuji a few hours ago.
    Top Pict: ISO 100
    1/420 F 4.7
    Bottom Pict:
    ISO 3200
    1/52 F3.8 Histogram says this one's overexposed, but I'm still a nOOb.
    Both resized to meet forum limits.

NWest welcome and congrats for being an owner of 6500,excellent shots and keep sharing!
    Fuji S6500 FD
    Olympus FE115(For kids and wife)

wow, that picture of the flowers is gorgeous. It's as if it's been taken in heaven .

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske