Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thank you for viewing photos and for kind words!

This is one of the rare prosumer cameras that can really grow on the photographer...

Few photos more...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi Cozmo, like P_Schneider I remember your photos from the other forum - they are very nice. I am in love with your cat!

P_Schneider, it would be awesome if you found the time/inclination to put together a workflow tutorial... I could certainly use the help!
    Last edited by flippedgazelle; 02-03-2007 at 08:46 AM.
    CATS! & a few other things... http://catographer.smugmug.com

Fuji S6000fd

Wow, lots of stellar shots since I last visited. Great job folks! Really really good stuff.

Paul, you're gaining a lot of cred around here, so let me be the next to say: I'm looking forward to your workflow tutorial as well. (On a side note, care to recommend a polarizer brand? I'm looking for one.)

I have a lot of pictures from the Getty Museum here in California for everyone, but I'm having a slight computer crisis at the moment so let me straighten that out and get my Photoshop install back on track.

For the time being, here are 4 of my latest:

1. A view of the cities of Ranchos Palos Verdes & Santa Monica from the rear balcony of the Getty.

2. I caught this view on the way into the restaurant at the Getty and kinda did a drive-by handheld (there was a couple making out and I didn't want to intrude) so it is quite blurry full-size, hence the small crop.

3. This is a view of downtown Los Angeles from the front walkway of the museum. I left color alone in this one because the smog layer does funny things when I try to color correct.

4. This is a fountain in Downtown Disney. It looks real cool at night.

Okay. Til next time.

-Brian
    grip: KM Maxxum 5D | Minolta 50mm f1.4 neck: Sony A200 | Minolta 70-210mm f4
    backup: Fuji s6000fd | pocket: Fuji F20SE
    sentimental: Sony DSC-S85
    wife: Canon s800IS | 9yo daughter: Canon s410

That last shot is sweet looking Brian. I like the second one as well. For a filter brand I use Hoya. The company has been around forever and they make a decent product, usually not that expensive either.
    As for the tutorials I have the screens for a "blown highlight" workflow already. I have to fill in the text yet. Maybe later tonight.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Thanks Paul. Btw, your workflow tutorial for blown highlights rocks. Thanks for taking the time out to do that.

Cozmo, where are you located? Just curious, because your moon shot shows a slightly different perspective than mine and I'm just wondering.

Keep 'em coming folks! This thread is turning out grand. And I know there are a few new s6Kers amongst us, so don't be shy!

-Brian
    grip: KM Maxxum 5D | Minolta 50mm f1.4 neck: Sony A200 | Minolta 70-210mm f4
    backup: Fuji s6000fd | pocket: Fuji F20SE
    sentimental: Sony DSC-S85
    wife: Canon s800IS | 9yo daughter: Canon s410

Quote Originally Posted by unclebrudy View Post
    Cozmo, where are you located? Just curious, because your moon shot shows a slightly different perspective than mine and I'm just wondering.
    Hi!

I am located in Belgrade - Serbia. It's about 44N 20E on coordinates...

The moon is always like this - but sometimes when it is low on horizont, it can be 2 or 3 times bigger, but it is difficult to capture - you must be on the plain, unobstructed horizont...

I've been playing around with the night sky and long exposures. I think if I practice it a little more I'll be able to get a nice combination of ISO, exposure, etc. Here's the first try:

Not very impressive, but still kind of neat. I wasn't able to get a shot of the moon from my deck last night. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it soon.

great job

great pictures core and keep it up.........

A lot of nice shots since I last looked. It's impressive to see what other people can do with this camera.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Tried to capture some passing by clouds

Finally a great evening after unseason rain and god draw the sky with some clouds like below,