Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 110 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1624
  1. #1091
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minnesota USA
    Posts
    834
    Good to see you around again Core! I like the pool shots. I keep forgetting you guys are into summer down there while it's a brisk 30f here and getting colder by the day.
    Paul
    ***********
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

  2. #1092
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minnesota USA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by davecarter View Post
    Just got my new s6500fd and tried my first fun macro pic...

    Straight from camera, no PP

    f10.0
    6.2mm focus
    ISO100

    Not having much luck with indoor people shots yet though, getting lots of paper-white faces from flash (thought iFlash was supposed to take care of that! oh well, maybe I need some kind of diffuser.)
    Are you using FD + Flash? That usually works pretty good for me and I think IFlash is a bit more of a gimmick than anything else. The FD works pretty good though for portrait shots. You can also adjust the flash in one of the menus if it's too hot for you. I wish I could have 2 tilt points on the flash, the default position we have now and a higher angle so you could bounce it off the ceiling.
    Paul
    ***********
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

  3. #1093
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    Are you using FD + Flash? That usually works pretty good for me and I think IFlash is a bit more of a gimmick than anything else. The FD works pretty good though for portrait shots. You can also adjust the flash in one of the menus if it's too hot for you. I wish I could have 2 tilt points on the flash, the default position we have now and a higher angle so you could bounce it off the ceiling.
    Haven't had much luck with FD, only rarely get the green square (although my 3 year old daughter is a bit fidgety!). Is the FD needed to activate the iFlash?

    I'll try turning the flash power down a bit and see if that helps.

    I'm new to manual controls! My other camera is a Panasonic FX12 which is nice and pocketable but has no controls (although usefully you can put a limit on the ISO in auto mode, unlike the Fuji). I'm finding I mostly use S mode because I need at least 1/60s otherwise children's arms and legs are just a blur!

    Here's one of the flash "white face" pics... probably doesn't help that she hasn't seen much sun this year either

    Was shot indoors after sunset, with about 120w of incandescent + flash.

    1/60th
    15.4mm
    f3.7
    ISO 200
    Flash: on
    Daughter's fake smile: on
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by davecarter; 11-21-2007 at 03:33 PM.

  4. #1094
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    ei guys, if you could post night shots would be very cool, i'm thinking buying one for christmas and the noght shot its really important

  5. #1095
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    Good to see you around again Core! I like the pool shots. I keep forgetting you guys are into summer down there while it's a brisk 30f here and getting colder by the day.
    Its already winter here but not so severe like you,temp range is between 06-17*C for Nov upto Feb.
    Fuji S6500 FD
    Olympus FE115(For kids and wife)

  6. #1096
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    Nice shots Per, I especially like the 2nd one. I'm not sure, but it almost looks like .jpg artifacts ended up in the last shot but it could be light reflection. Nice nonetheless.
    Welcome to the boards btw.
    Thanks for the comments. It might be jpg artifacts but i also noticed CombineZM makes some strange halos and spots in areas where thera are no sharpness to find.

    I am playing with macro now since there is a bit boring weather and colors outside this time of year here in Sweden and hard to find inspiring subjects to photograph. I hope to be able to get inside som old mine soon and take some pics.
    Fujifilm s6500fd, Canon Powershot A710is
    http://wretling.net

  7. #1097
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Obrenovac, Serbia
    Posts
    150
    Nice pictures, Per. I also like the second most, like Paul does. Very interesting subject, we would like to see more . The weather is also bad and colors are extremely dull here in Serbia, so there isn't much of the beauty out there to shot...

  8. #1098
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    13
    Here are some more:

    Candle Holder


    Honda CRV


    Black Swan


    Moon

    The moon isn't quite in its full phase *sigh*

    Restricted Access

  9. #1099
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    92

    Cool

    I just bought some cheap studio lighting. Well at least by western standards -- it cost me 300€. You can see the kit I bought here.

    It has three 180 Watt/second slaves with 35W modeling lights, three aluminium stands, 50x70cm softbox and another octagonal softbox. Slaves can be triggered by sync wire or by IR. Power can be reduced to 1/4. Shot below was made with only two slaves (with softboxes) set to less than 1/2 of power output and no other light source. Camera was set to ISO 100, F6.4 and 1/200s.

    At first I had some trouble because S6500FD fires pre-flash for metering but unlike DSLR you can't disable it. Few layers of duct tape over the built-in flash later I got slaves to fire in sync with the built-in flash and eliminated the harsh light from the built-in flash at the same time.

    I also learned that the Fuji calibrates white balance at 100% white so I went to the photo store with Fuji digital printer and asked for a calibrated 100% white print 20x30cm in size. Then I used it to set custom white balance for my new lights. You can see the white paper behind the lion.

    Here is how it all turned out:


    I am sorry about the dust on the table and that I couldn't find a better/more interesting model on such a short notice.
    Last edited by levicki; 11-25-2007 at 10:30 PM.

  10. #1100
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minnesota USA
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    I just bought some cheap studio lighting. Well at least by western standards -- it cost me 300. You can see the kit I bought here.

    It has three 180 Watt/second slaves with 35W modeling lights, three aluminium stands, 50x70cm softbox and another octagonal softbox. Slaves can be triggered by sync wire or by IR. Power can be reduced to 1/4. Shot below was made with only two slaves (with softboxes) set to less than 1/2 of power output and no other light source. Camera was set to ISO 100, F6.4 and 1/200s.

    At first I had some trouble because S6500FD fires pre-flash for metering but unlike DSLR you can't disable it. Few layers of duct tape over the built-in flash later I got slaves to fire in sync with the built-in flash and eliminated the harsh light from the built-in flash at the same time.

    I also learned that the Fuji calibrates white balance at 100% white so I went to the photo store with Fuji digital printer and asked for a calibrated 100% white print 20x30cm in size. Then I used it to set custom white balance for my new lights. You can see the white paper behind the lion.

    Here is how it all turned out:


    I am sorry about the dust on the table and that I couldn't find a better/more interesting model on such a short notice.
    Interesting setup and it looks like delivers decent results but could you please go into more detail on how you get the flashes to slave? At first I thought you were triggering on the fuji flash but you lost me when you duct taped it.
    Paul
    ***********
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •