Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 105 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1624
    Quote Originally Posted by moreno_iv View Post
    that shot is awesome! can i ask what mode and settings you used to take it?
    Fuji S6500fd [and a faint idea about how to use it]

FinePix S6500fd + xD H1GB FujiFilm + 4x2100 mAh Energizer + Helios 44M-4

Quote Originally Posted by gib786 View Post
    that shot is awesome! can i ask what mode and settings you used to take it?
    Thank you very much and you certainly may. Here is the EXIF Data:

Resolution: 640 x 480
    Flash used: No
    Focal length: 14.0mm (35mm equivalent: 66mm)
    CCD width: 7.69mm
    Exposure time: 2.000 s
    Aperture: f/5.0
    ISO equiv.: 800
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Well this is my first contribution to this amazing thread, so I hope what I'm sharing can measure up to what others here have posted!

I've had my S6000fd for a few months now, and have put it through its paces on numerous occasions. Its low-light performance at concerts and the like simply amazes me, as well as its ability to capture great landscapes, sunsets and of course the average and every-day shots everyone takes. It really is a remarkable camera, and for the price, I can't imagine anything else coming close to what the Fuji is.

I've been very interested in HDR photography, and have tried numerous times to get results like I've seen here and on other forums. However, my attempts always seem short of what others are getting. So, I figured I'd post a picture here to see what others think of it, as well as perhaps generating some interest and inspiring others to try their hands at HDR and post results to this thread (or start another if it distracts too much from this one).

Here's a 800 pixel high preview, as well as a link to a 1600 pixel high image in my Picasa album. To view the image full-size in Picasa, click on the magnifying glass on the right side of the 2nd gray navigation bar. (I'm not terribly impressed with Picasa, but have yet to try anything else that bests it. Recommendations???)

Also, here is a link to a few select photos from my recent trip out to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. I have, oh... about 800 more from this trip, but I seemed to have underexposed quite a few of them. so the post processing is time consuming to get an acceptable balance of exposure and quality.

Any comments, questions and criticisms are most welcome. I'll be looking forward to participating in this thread for some time to come!

David

David, this photo is one of the best photos in entire thread. I don't know what advice are you looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by moreno_iv View Post
    Thank you very much and you certainly may. Here is the EXIF Data:

Resolution: 640 x 480
    Flash used: No
    Focal length: 14.0mm (35mm equivalent: 66mm)
    CCD width: 7.69mm
    Exposure time: 2.000 s
    Aperture: f/5.0
    ISO equiv.: 800
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing
    thanks for the info, one last question. was the camera in manual mode or a preset mode? if so which mode was it? thanks!
    Fuji S6500fd [and a faint idea about how to use it]

Quote Originally Posted by gib786 View Post
    thanks for the info, one last question. was the camera in manual mode or a preset mode? if so which mode was it? thanks!
    It was in full manual. That's about the only way I can get those kind of pictures to turn out.

Skitmen, sorry, I forgot to comment your pictures. The first two are very nice, they're like those from the books...

Hey all, my s6500fd arrived today! It's my first 'proper' camera
    I've browsed through every page of this thread and it's clearly a brilliant camera (with brilliant users!). I hope it won't be hindered by my skills, or lack there of.

Anyway, got it second hand with a bunch of accessories (1gb xD, 512mb xD, 8xAA NiMHs, fuji case, UV and CP filter) all for AUD$370 (US$340~). Unfortunately, I'm right in the middle of exam preparations so I won't have a real opportunity to play around with it for a few more weeks.

Still, it's hard to resist toying with a new gadget:

Cheers,
    From a happy new owner

lazerin,

Interesting effect there, especially with the book sub-heading to the right.