Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 111 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1624

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by P_Schneider View Post
    Interesting setup and it looks like delivers decent results but could you please go into more detail on how you get the flashes to slave? At first I thought you were triggering on the fuji flash but you lost me when you duct taped it.
    - Yes, I am using built-in flash to trigger the slaves.
    - Yes, I duct taped it.

It is possible because slaves have IR sensors. They don't need visible light for triggering. I duct taped built-in flash because I don't need or want its light.

I also turned the caps on those IR sensors so that they can only pick up the bounced IR (in other words sensors are not facing the camera). That in combination with the duct tape worked for me.

Instead of duct tape it would have been way better if I used unexposed but developed color film but I didn't have any. I could have also bought an IR sensor/trigger which ignores pre-flash for 30-40€ but they didn't have them in stock at the moment.

Someone said how colors are dull now that the winter has settled in, I disagree -- manual mode, tripod, RAW, ISO 100, 4 sec, F8 (hyperfocal trick used):

If I just had a way of eliminating those damn wires and keeping the same framing it would have been a perfect shot.
    Last edited by levicki; 11-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Long time, no see. Didn't have time for anything, only my job...

Few pictures of my son:

Some different ones...

This one I named "Strangled"

For beer lovers, from abandoned backyard

Night shot, lit only by one tungsten light, handheld ISO 800, spot metering (some dear forum member show me the funny thing about EXIF in this picture - totaly wrong). Correct info is 1/15s, ISO 800, Spot metering (hell of the camera it will be that can do 1/350, ISO 200 in dark of the night, as EXIF says). Photoshop gone crazy, probably called the EXIF from the layer above (I have put 2 pictures in one layer and saved only this layer)...

Last edited by Cozmo; 11-29-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Cool

Portrait done with studio lighting:

Our Christmas tree

I was actually thinking of selling this camera and purchasing a dSLR, but scanning through this forum, maybe not. New here, and extremely new to taking pictures (certainly not my day job)... but here's one or two:

Last edited by Harborside; 12-17-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Manual zoom ring is great way to make some interesting effects:

Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    - Yes, I am using built-in flash to trigger the slaves.
    - Yes, I duct taped it.

It is possible because slaves have IR sensors. They don't need visible light for triggering. I duct taped built-in flash because I don't need or want its light.

I also turned the caps on those IR sensors so that they can only pick up the bounced IR (in other words sensors are not facing the camera). That in combination with the duct tape worked for me.

Instead of duct tape it would have been way better if I used unexposed but developed color film but I didn't have any. I could have also bought an IR sensor/trigger which ignores pre-flash for 30-40 but they didn't have them in stock at the moment.

Someone said how colors are dull now that the winter has settled in, I disagree -- manual mode, tripod, RAW, ISO 100, 4 sec, F8 (hyperfocal trick used):

If I just had a way of eliminating those damn wires and keeping the same framing it would have been a perfect shot.
    gotcha, thanks for the info Levicki. I might have to look into a setup now that I know it can be done. I've always considered this to be a limitation of the S6k, not being able to sync with external flash that is.
    On the topic of winter and dull, it really depends on what type of winter you have and how cold it gets. The colder it gets the clearer the air gets and the sharper the picture turns out.
    I missed a golden oppertunity the other morning. It was sunrise, we had fog that was just lifting, the trees were frosted white, and the blood red sun was just peeking throught the clouds. Unfortunately I was late for work and didn't have time to take the shot but it would have been as lively and colorful as any summer shot I've taken.
    On the other side of the coin we can go weeks with nothing but gray and trust me, the shots aren't worth taking the camera out of the bag.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Quote Originally Posted by Harborside View Post
    I was actually thinking of selling this camera and purchasing a dSLR, but scanning through this forum, maybe not. New here, and extremely new to taking pictures (certainly not my day job)... but here's one or two:

[/IMG]
    Very nice pictures Harborside. I have a dslr also, but this Fuji is just so fun to use I decided to keep it. The high iso shots inside without flash were impossible with other point & shoot cameras I have owned. Yes there is noise, but Noiseware cleans that up where it is acceptable to me. It was snowing here yesterday, so I got the Fuji out for some practice. Here is a 1600 iso shot from window & Christmas tree light in macro mode. I brightened it a bit and resized for posting.
    Spook
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Flying loldog

Flying loldog
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    FinePix s6500fd