Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Nesting Magpie Robin

sharpening set to soft (I find it's normal just fine though).
    Had to adjust the EV cause the Fuji burned out a lot of the highlights in the tree bark and the bird's feathers. Also I find the colors kinda dull. Last pic with digital zoom.

The little bird's nesting inside the bottom hole, there's a pair of them, when one's inside the hole, the other usually sits at the top of this dead tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

As you can probably tell from the blades of grass, this little guy was only an inch from wingtip to wingtip. He posed well for this macro though.

Bud
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuji FinePix S6000fd

one of the first test of my fuji6500fd

Love the turtle! Unique shot. Clone out string maybe?
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

a bit too dark.. how do you think? -.-'

Well the darkness isn't too bad but the reflection really kills the shot.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Lightning

Last night was stormy here in Belgrade. There was no rain and no thunder but you could catch some nice lightning bolts:

ISO 100
    F 3.7
    8 sec
    Manual focus

The problem with such shot is that after 8 seconds hot pixels become visible and there are quite a lot of them. I had to do a lot of post-processing which probably killed some fine detail.

What I did was NeatImage->Crop(1600x1200)->Dust&Scratches(1px)->UnsharpMask(0.5px,500%)->AutoLevels.

Note that I still don't have a tripod and I had to improvise. I used one of my column speakers and a cardboard box on top of it. Considering all the obstacles I am impressed how well it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by levicki View Post
    Last night was stormy here in Belgrade. There was no rain and no thunder but you could catch some nice lightning bolts:

ISO 100
    F 3.7
    8 sec
    Manual focus

The problem with such shot is that after 8 seconds hot pixels become visible and there are quite a lot of them. I had to do a lot of post-processing which probably killed some fine detail.

What I did was NeatImage->Crop(1600x1200)->Dust&Scratches(1px)->UnsharpMask(0.5px,500%)->AutoLevels.

Note that I still don't have a tripod and I had to improvise. I used one of my column speakers and a cardboard box on top of it. Considering all the obstacles I am impressed how well it turned out.
    One way to eliminate hot pixels is take a picture with the lens cap on your lens (use a shorter exposure for this). This gives you a black image with only hot pixels. In photoshop you can add this as a layer and set it to substract (or another mode, can't remember which one).

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske