Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Talking My Woodruff Park Adventure...

Taking Pics of random people....
    I thought i was going to have a problem with this but, i didnt. This Past weekend me and a few (3) others from a local photography forum got together for a Photowalk. We decided to go downtown Atlanta. I was shooting with my 70-200 so my subjects werent close.

I did get spotted by this one guy. We were in Woodruff Park a very popular greenspace in the heart of downtown. I tried to look as if i was paying no attention to him. I waited for my shot and i took it. He must have seen me through the hole in the bag because he said(Loudly) "Dont be taking my Mutha Bleeping Pic-cha". I motioned to him "ok, my bad" and i looked to review the pic.
    This is the shot i wanted.

He kept looking at me so i decided to go over and show him the shot. Of course he didnt know i took several (D300 8fps Magic).
    The Pic I showed Him

He explained that he wasnt homeless. He said he just got off work and came to the park to chill with his homeboy. I told him that i didnt think he was homeless and would delete it if he wanted. His friend, who is about as drunk as he is looks at the pic and they both laugh. The friend ask me if i would take his "pic-cha", i said sure.

They both take a look and laugh again, they also comment on how good the pic looks. So im wrapping out little session up and go to walk away when public Intoxicant #1 says(Loudly) "Hey man! Fu** It, You Can take my Pic-cha" So, i did....The End!

Great way to start the day.
    Flickr
    Canon 500D Kit || 50 1.8 || Sigma 10-20 HSM EX || Slik Pro 340DX || Hitech GNDs + B+W #110

I could be wrong (its hard to detect meaning from print) but it just seems like you are making fun of these guys? Just by the wordage you use to describe them and the way they speak. Again, I could be wrong, but thats how it comes across to me.

FWIW, #3 is my fav. I think #1 could use some cropping.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    I could be wrong (its hard to detect meaning from print) but it just seems like you are making fun of these guys? Just by the wordage you use to describe them and the way they speak. Again, I could be wrong, but thats how it comes across to me.
    +1
    Obviously there is an issue with print vs speech but I think the intention is there maybe just not the correct choice of words.

By know means to intend to insult them. They werent bad guys at all. When i saw the guy didnt like me taking his pic i went over to to talk with him and show him im not a bad guy and if he didnt like his pic being taken i would delete it. I only used the wordage to tell the story, thats what was said to me. The message to my little story is dont judge people...