Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Hey - I'm Brian.

I do a little singing and guitar playing on the side - a gig or two every month or so, plus a lot in church. This was at a solo gig - my wife was goofing around and snapped a shot of me with my (now retired) Canon PowerShot G2.

In action. . .

Here I am doing something else I love . . .

and with a really goofy look on my face. . .

I've recently upgraded to the DSLR world - with a Pentax K100D. There's not a lot of activity going on in the Pentax DSLR forum here - but I think this place is pretty cool.

Nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by brian wahl; 01-24-2007 at 10:56 AM.
    -Brian
    www.brianwahlband.com | zenfolio

Gear:
    Pentax K100D
    Pentax DA 18-55 f/3.5 (kit lens)
    Canon PowerShot G2

Okay, here goes.....

I am VERY new here. I live in Connecticut, USA. I am a single mom with 3 kids, a 16 yr old daughter(who everyone thinks is at least 21! YIKES!) a 14 yr old son who can't decide if he likes girls better or his quad in a mud pit, and a 9 yr old daughter who has special needs but is my absolute joy, 1 dog, 7 cats, 1 bird, and 6 horses. I'm busy.

I had been using a Kodak 6490 for a couple of years and decided to upgrade to a Panasonic FZ50. No sooner did the 50 arrive when I inherited a Canon Rebel 300d. I went from being excited to totally overwhelmed by all that I needed to learn.

This forum, and others, have been a wonderful source and I truly appreciate that you all are so willing to share your knowledge and experience.

I love this thread!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by downtrodden View Post
    Hey Wes, congrats on your thread getting moved and stickied bro!

~Cory
    Thanks, downtrodden! Yeah, I asked the administrator (that would be Jeff Keller, as I understand...) if he thought it would be a good idea to make this thread sticky in the Canon forum, where I had posted it. Apparently, he thought so! But he thought this forum was a better place for it. And I think I agree with that. Thanks, Jeff! Hey! Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself too?

BTW, downtrodden - you just made a nickname from my nickname! LOL Wesan is a nickname I got many years ago, in real life. But I like Wes also.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hello and thanks, all new posters!

Just want to say hi and thanks to all the people, who have introduced themselves after this thread was moved to this forum and made sticky! lathe, BowerR64, T06, Threecurl, Screenclutter, brian wahl and rzarbo - this means YOU!

Thank you all of you for introducing yourselves in this thread and sharing some information about yourselves. Sorry I don't have time right now, to write you personal greetings and comments. But it's nice to meet you all!

BowerR64: that's a cool self portrait you did! Feel like sharing some information about yourself in this thread too, maybe?

Good luck with your photograhpy and see you around the forums!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Heres a new one of myself. I likey this one

Happy owner of a few canon cameras

Canon 40D
    Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 420ex
    UV Filter

Canon S3 IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69023502@N00/

It's a treat to meet everyone that has posted here, and learn more about you. Thanks for taking the time to share a little bit of you with us.
    My name is Chris Ross and I live here in Las Vegas, NV. I am 35, married with 3 kids. My hobbies include first and foremost spending time with my wife and kids, reading, music production (in home recording studio), and for the last 5 years photography.

One unique thing about myself: My father is from Trinidad and my mother is from London England. I myself was born in Ipswich, England and then when I was 3 we moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We lived there until I was 16, then we moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico for 1 year, and then moved to Orlando, Florida for my senior year in High School. So I have lived all over, and made a lot of friends. I also have 3 way citizenship - England, Canada, and recently USA.

I am currently inbetween jobs atm (Pharmaceutical sales) as my former company Pfizer had a huge lay off and they sent me packing (with a nice severance package). I start my new job selling asthma medication to Pediatricians in February and I am very excited about it- My territory covers St. George, Utah- Mesquite, NV- Las Vegas, NV- and Lake Havasu, AZ- and I am very excited for all the photo ops I will have with my traveling between Dr. offices.

You can check out my website here: www.chrisross.smugmug.com

Here is our picture

Hello Esoterra! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself and telling us about yourself. One of your hobbies is music production? Do you write own music, you mean? Sounds interesting. I used to play records and CDs like a DJ at home (only at home - I recorded some mixes on tape) before. Still have the disco mixer, but haven't "DJ:ed" for many years now.

With a 3 way citizenship, I just have to ask - what do you consider yourself to be the most? English, Canadian or American?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi again, danidabi. Yes, that's a nice photo of yourself.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

I have added some more info about myself. It's in the first post of this thread.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

me

http://community.webshots.com/user/jonwood100

this is my sharing site

i love the north shore of lake superior