Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Hello there, p.du.v! Nice to meet you and thanks for introducing yourself. Feel like telling us a little more about yourself, maybe? Cool self portrait, by the way.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Thumbs up Here's lookin' attcha

From the workshop ... to your screen ... yeah, it's me. The old guy

Personally, doing self-imaging can be a real test of your metal. The guy behind the camera is suspect. Arm's length ... it's really in your mug. Anyway, with the SONY α700's wireless release in my paw ... foom!

Name:  Don-remote.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  217.1 KB

I know a lot of you all have cameras on this forum ... it's your turn to turn it on yourself! If I can do it ... I have the brass! LOL

Over the years, I've had a few phtography devices: 120s, 110s, 35-mm SLR, digital P&S, digital SLR. The expense of those film-days, let me tell ya! Sure wish I had digital back then! Everyone of these cameras has its nuances and can offer amazing things when you get inventive. On the other hand, you can also turn out some real crap.

Name:  Don-takes-a-shot.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  161.5 KB

Anyway ... I have always found it an enjoyable, albeit expensive hobby. Recent investments ... like anyone else that is seriously enjoying the "trip through the glassworks" is far more than I would like. Not having the film and chemical costs of yesteryear, though, frees up a sizeable amount of cash each quarter, that I didn't have to spend on it. I use this continued allocation to pop for a new lens or lighting device ... to improve on my ... uh, hobby?

Also, you may have noticed, but it's hard to do much with a camera slung aroung your neck. Try climbing a ladder or getting drink from a fountain. LOL

Good luck with your Photography.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-19-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Haha wow Don! That's one seriously bold, and outright cool self portrait!
    That's one infectious smile you got there, though you do have me picturing a Dwarf now! hehe no offense Top stuff on taking the plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hello there, p.du.v! Nice to meet you and thanks for introducing yourself. Feel like telling us a little more about yourself, maybe? Cool self portrait, by the way.

Nice to meet you too Wesan

Not a whole lot to say about myself. Young bloke from Western Australia. Only got into photography at the start of 2007, though I've been trying to convince myself to buy a camera for the last... decade.

Have a strong graphic design background, and have a feeling I will probably end up doing quite heavily Photoshop'ed compositions as well as landscape work etc.

Hmmm.. what else.. not a lot. Well, I left my girlfriend on the other side of the country when I left Canberra to come back home, so I have a lot of time to snap away with no distractions (which I am sooo happy about haha).
    So expect a lot of stuff from me in the future I guess. My shots are pretty amateurish at the moment (as you can see in my Flickr page), but hopefully that will change soon enough!

And yourself?

Nikon D700 * Nikon D300 * Nikon F100

Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 * Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 * Nikon 12-24mm f/4 * Nikon 35mm f/2 * Nikon 50mm f/1.4

Olympus OM4 Ti * Olympus OM2n
    Zuiko 35mm f/2 * Zuiko 24mm f/2 * Zuiko 50mm f/1.4
    Website: pduvphotography.com * Flickr: flickr.com * RedBubble: redbubble.com

The 6'1" dwarf ...

Happily, I'm not short in stature and can bull my way to get the shot, if I have to.

Also, shooting over the tops of folks is a lot easier. No, dwarf I'm not. I just play one on TV. LOL
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-17-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Ooh.. now I'm intrigued!

*goes off to Google 'Don Schap'*

hehe

Nikon D700 * Nikon D300 * Nikon F100

Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 * Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 * Nikon 12-24mm f/4 * Nikon 35mm f/2 * Nikon 50mm f/1.4

Olympus OM4 Ti * Olympus OM2n
    Zuiko 35mm f/2 * Zuiko 24mm f/2 * Zuiko 50mm f/1.4
    Website: pduvphotography.com * Flickr: flickr.com * RedBubble: redbubble.com

Talking A giggle for Google

Quote Originally Posted by p.du.v View Post
    Ooh.. now I'm intrigued!

*goes off to Google 'Don Schap'*

hehe
    OMG! I just Googled myself ... that's incredible. 2500 entries to choose from. Guess I had better watch what I put to print or my entire photographic history will be on display. Heck, someone is even aspiring to be me in some video game. LOL... Imagine: Don Schap, the "All-being" - Master of Time, Space and Dimension. Oh, if CDI only knew. LOL

You know, life's funny ... you wouldn't get this kind of stuff last century. Oh well, hopefully I'm a "good read."
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-21-2007 at 09:33 AM.

flickr & Sdi

Hi there, DonSchap! Nice to meet you and thank you for honoring this thread by introducing yourself here! I was wondering when you were going to do it...

Nice to see more DSLR-people here. Hopefully more of you DSLR-guys will introduce yourselves here too.

Remember - your camera doesn't have to be a Canon for you to post in this thread. Any camera brand and model or type is welcome.

p.du.v:
    Thanks for telling us more about yourself. With your graphic design background, I'm sure you'll post some really good photos here - your knowledge about graphic design will probably help you in your photography as well.

And myself? Well...I beleive I was the first to post in this thread, so...just go back to the first page of this thread and read the first post to find out some more about me.

And, as DonSchap said - good luck with your photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Here me. I took this in the passenger mirror in my fiances soon to be sold truck.

Happy owner of a few canon cameras

Canon 40D
    Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 420ex
    UV Filter

Canon S3 IS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69023502@N00/

Well, I suppose it is about time I showed my mug on here...

Here I am at the Mercury's (a local Gothic club) Gothic Western themed night. While there were a lot of people in good western outfits, surprisingly, I was the only one dressed to imitate the poster.

Here I am in my Utilikilt and my vest from Lisbon, Portugal. The background is my apartment, which is a bit messy. My girlfriend had moved in a few months before and we were still sorting things out. It was a "10 pounds of ____ in a 5 pound bag" situation.

This is myself and my girlfriend Demonika at the Mercury's Military themed night.

Yay.. i'm not the only 'goth kid' anymore!

And well.. neither.. are you Gaby!.. so.. we're not the only ones!

Or something.
    Canon 50D; 17-55 F2.8 IS, 70-200 F4L IS, 50 F1.8, BG-E2n

Downtrodden's Flickr - Deviant Art: LAME