Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Some very interesting photos; looking at the August ones I would never have guessed it was Japan although I have never been but was expecting more of a tropical look!

Again the way Japan is shown on the TV etc. I expected a lot more urbanisation but looking on google maps there are a lot of mountains and green areas. It just shows how your perception of somewhere can be a long way out.
    But saying that the citys do look extremly large !

Hi everyone!

Just found this forum, looks fascinating and VERY helpful!

My name is Lucy and I live in Springtown, TX, where I raise registered American Miniature Horses. Our farm is Field of Dreams Miniature Horses, thus my handle!

I've been interested in photography forever, it seems. I started with a small 110MM camera, got a 35MM SLR Christmas 1980 or so, purchased a Sony Mavica 10 years or so ago and finally got my Canon Rebel XTi about two years ago.

I use it primarily for taking pictures of our horses and weather/landscape shots. I got some totally awesome lightning pictures earlier this month! Love those sunrise/sunset shots, too.

Thanks!!

Lucy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Canon Rebel XTi

Bonzo: Nope, Japan is barely tropical at all, I mean, there are a few banana trees here and there and although they do not die off during our relatively mild winters, they do not ever bear fruit either. But, those August photos were mostly taken on Hokkaido - and as I mentioned a couple of times in my comments on the web pages - Hokkaido is "the Alaska of Japan" and it does get down to minus 30 C there regularly.
    But, even the few larger cities on Hokkaido are quite large. I live in western Tokyo and YES - Tokyo is a LARGE CITY!!!
    Thank you for taking the time to look at my domain. I'll be posting new photos (the best of September) in just a few more days, so I invite you to look again. Here's what you'll find there next month. You can look now if you want, but it's not "officially" finished - at least not to my eye! [edit] ---- it is final now.

(September's Photos)
    FOUR pages again this month. A September 6th trip to Okutama and Nippara * Inamura Rock Scenery * Nippara Limestone Cave * An Argyreus hyperbius Butterfly * Pampas Grass, A Double-petaled Lotus Flower and Cymbidium nipponicum at Jindai Botanical Garden * September 19th and 20th Climb of Mt. Tate (Tateyama) in Toyama Prefecture * Mt. Oh (Oyama) * Mt. Oonanji * Mt. Masago (Masagodake) * Mt. Tsurugi (Tsurugidake) * Kuranosuke Mountain Hut * Sunset & Sunrise * Tateyama's Jigoku-dani (Mt. Tate's Hell Valley) * Beautiful Fall Mountain Colors * A Visit to Shirakawa-go - a World Heritage Site * A Day in Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture, Japan * Takayama City Lacquerware

http://danwiz.com
    Last edited by danwiz; 09-28-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Hi,
    I am new in this Forum.I hope this forums are very intresting.And give some knowledge for my future project.
    Thanks for sharing this information.
    Last edited by kaistenolee; 10-15-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Saying hello and introducing myself.........

Hi all! I'm Jay and I'm in Sanford, NC. I'm three hours to the beach and three hours to the mountains. I'm 49 years old, married with one kid. I live for Fridays, the best day of the week. I love steak and beer and partake of each every chance I get. I love my racin and Jeff Gordon is my driver of choice. I'm southern by birth, redneck by choice. I've only been in photography about eight months or so. I have such a long way to go but I love taking pics! I'm taking a photography class and I'm blown away at learning what the cameras of today can do. I'll never be great, but I'm sure having fun learning. I have lots to learn and I'll ask questions. Hopefully I can contribute something as well. I found this site today via Google. I use an Olympus E-500 mainly, but always have my Olympus FE-20 by my side just in case. As far as what I enjoy shooting, I love birding and nature. Sunrises and sunsets are high on my list as well. Snow is something I really enjoy shooting, I just never get any. *sigh* Probably my favorite subjects are drunks and rednecks and if I get a drunk redneck I've hit the jackpot!

Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Jay

Wesan & DPR usually do the welcomes here but as you're a fellow Olympus user I thought I'd add my welcome & encourage you to contribute to the Oly forums we are a small group compared to the nikon & canon guys here. Good thing is that everyone's pretty friendly & generally cross brand discussions are pretty sensible unlike some forums. I've posted a few comments to your lens question in your other thread. Enjoy the forum & I look forward to seeing some more Oly posts from you.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Thanks Phill, I appreciate the welcome and your comments on my lens question! It seems like a good forum with good people and I hope I can contribute something.
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Yup you're doing that already keep it up.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

As Phil said, welcome all, and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your photography.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

I am a 20yr old Junior at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee going for a bachelors in Supply Chain and Operations Management. I haven't been in photography long, but got into it when I borrowed my mothers' Rebel XTI last summer. After that, I bought a Canon Powershot s5 to mess around with. I used that to take quite a bit of pictures of my car until I sold that to move into my first place. My car was everything to me for 3 years and I am still very proud of it (I sold it to a buddy, so I still see it everyonce in a while). After I decided that I was getting bored of having no hobbies besides BMX, I decided it was time to sell the s5 and pick up a SLR. I was planning on getting a Canon, but I wanted to try a Nikon before I stepped up to the big time with a FF camera. For now, my new Nikon D3000 with my SB600 flash will suffice. I am planning on getting a better flash setup for BMX/skateboard photos and car photos along with a better lens, most likely the 35mm DX f/1.8G. Hopefully I can start to figure out the camera and flash and put out some decent pictures soon.

My 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (Both shot with my s5)

Last edited by Myboostedgst; 12-15-2009 at 08:32 PM.