Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Karen - When it comes to learning, there are no stupid questions. Ask away! There are many talented and knowledgeable photographers here that would be more than willing to help. Welcome to our little community
    Last edited by zmikers; 09-27-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    CANON 7D, 400D, 24-104 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS, 28-105, 50 1.8, 75-300, 430 EX II, BG-E3
    SIGMA EX 10-20 DC HSM
    KENKO Extension Tube set 12mm, 20mm, 36mm

http://www.mbimages.ca

Hello, KarenML!

Hello there, KarenML! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself.

As zmikers said, there are no stupid questions. It's only stupid not to ask. If you don't ask, you don't get any smarter. And yes, there are many people here, that are willing to help.

If you've read some of the other posts in this thread, you might have noticed that I use to ask the members who introduce themselves here, if they have any picture of themselves that they'd like to show in this thread. So...do you by any chance have any picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us here?

Welcome to these forums! Good luck with your photography. And the course, of course.
    Last edited by Wesan; 10-05-2008 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi All, I am from India...I just joined this forum yesterday... I am a novice in the field of photography, though I am really eager to learn the tricks of the trade ...I just bought my first digital camera a couple of days back... I am going on a trekking & camping tour in the Eastern Himalayas after 2 weeks ...really need to learn how to take good photos by then ... hope I'll get suggestion from photography-gurus here

Quote Originally Posted by strides View Post
    Hi All, I am from India...I just joined this forum yesterday... I am a novice in the field of photography, though I am really eager to learn the tricks of the trade ...I just bought my first digital camera a couple of days back... I am going on a trekking & camping tour in the Eastern Himalayas after 2 weeks ...really need to learn how to take good photos by then ... hope I'll get suggestion from photography-gurus here
    Hi strides - good to have you onboard with us, you came to the right place to learn - we are all at different stages, knowledge bases and owning all sorts of differeing pieces of equipment
    Hopefully someone here will know about or even own a camera like your - what is it by the way?..
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Smile

Thnx a lot,Geoff... I originally intended to purchase a Canon S5IS... but somehow was unable to locate a single model in all the stores I visited in my town (here, the market is flooded with the SX100 IS model)... ultimately I have purchased a Sony DSC H-50 (still don't know going for Sony instead of Canon was a good decision or not )... now trying to go through the manual to know different settings available... haven't quite habituated myself with the settings and menu options though.. Still unable to find out how to go to the option of manual focus ...

Quote Originally Posted by strides View Post
    Thnx a lot,Geoff... I originally intended to purchase a Canon S5IS... but somehow was unable to locate a single model in all the stores I visited in my town (here, the market is flooded with the SX100 IS model)... ultimately I have purchased a Sony DSC H-50 (still don't know going for Sony instead of Canon was a good decision or not )... now trying to go through the manual to know different settings available... haven't quite habituated myself with the settings and menu options though.. Still unable to find out how to go to the option of manual focus ...
    Looks like a really nice camera - and a great 1st digital.
    You should be able to find reviews of it that might help..
    eg
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...l.php?cam=1211 (just an overview at the moment)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0802/08022502sonyh50.asp

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_.../sony_h50.html

There's always a lot to learn at first with a new camera - we all do
    things our own way - I personally use Aperture priority as my default mode
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 09-30-2008 at 06:11 AM.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

thanks for tips

Thnx a lot, Geoff... Links are very helpful

Arrow Welcome, strides!

Hello there, strides! Welcome to these forums. It's nice to meet you.

How is it going with your Sony DSC H-50? How do you like it so far? What kind of photography do you like the most (landscape, portrait, macro etc.)?

Oh! Do you by any chance have any picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us in this thread?

Thank you for introducing yourself and good luck with your photograhpy!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to here, but not new photography. I've been shooting since I was curious kid, so I have old school skills, but love the digital age.

I have all levels of gear from P&S to Pro, but I prefer one brand for 30 years. (Won't start that fight now.) lol

I like to answer questions and help out noobs to photography or anyone else for that matter.

Hope to meet nice people and have great chats!

If you made it this far, thanks for staying with me!