Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
    Lukas...I am willing to spend more than $500 but not over $1000, I'm crazy about colors and shapes.
    A lot of cameras fall into that range. You could get a camera that's 1 generation old but pair it with a nicer lens or you could pair it with a pair of lower end lenses. You could also get a current generation camera with kit lens. I'm not sure how much stuff costs out your way, but hopefully you'd have enough left over for a tripod or flash (depends on what your shooting needs are). Hopefully you have a camera store near you where you can test them out to see what body feels the best.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Hello all,
    My name is LaDonna from Louisiana. I am happy to be here. I am in desperate need of help with shooting in manual mode.
    I am here to help and hopefully get help. I am great at photoshop too!

Amazing photos JTL!!
    I will be re-visiting and ooking some more - I just looked at the China set - fantastic stuff, excellent quality images.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

You are a superb photographer JTL! I really enjoyed looking at your photos.
    flickr
    nikon d40 | nikkor 55-200mm vr | nikkor 18-55mm | nikkor 70-300mm vr | SB 400 | My Flickr Animal Portraits Group! Join if you enjoy animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    Amazing photos JTL!!
    I will be re-visiting and ooking some more - I just looked at the China set - fantastic stuff, excellent quality images.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBGChris View Post
    You are a superb photographer JTL! I really enjoyed looking at your photos.
    Thank you guys! It means a lot to me.

Only a fraction of my stuff is up on SmugMug...one of these days, when I've got nothing to do (ha, ha, ha), I might get some more shots up there and better organize the ones that are there already.
    Some Gear: Nikon D700; Nikkor AF-S 50 f/1.4 G; Nikkor AF-S 24-85 3.f/5-4.5 G ED; Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 VC; Nikon SB-800; Velbon Maxi-F; Canon Pixma Pro 9000; Canon S3IS, Canon SD500; Epson 4990; Epson P5000; Wacom Intuos 3

Main Software: Capture NX2; Adobe PhotoShop CS2; Corel Paintshop Pro X2 Ultimate

Sold: Canon XT/350D, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro; EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma 18-200 OS; Canon ET EF 25II; Kenko Pro 300 DG, Canon 430EX, Canon BG-E3.

JTL see I was beginning to think that I sounded too patronizing (which I'm not) it turns out most people thinks the same!
    Oh and you gave the S2 away?! *immediately stabs a pillow*...

Lukas thanks for the advice, do you have any brands you can suggest that I can choose from? Main purpose of the camera is Architecture and outdoors for both night and day shots. There are a lot of camera stores here but I discovered that it is so much cheaper to buy online usually from US sites, I was just worried about the shipping, I don't want to receive any broken lenses.
    Has anyone bought a camera from the net and received them in good condition?

Welcome LaDonna!

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    Hello all,
    My name is LaDonna from Louisiana. I am happy to be here. I am in desperate need of help with shooting in manual mode.
    I am here to help and hopefully get help. I am great at photoshop too!

Hello, LaDonna! Welcome to these forums. It's nice to meet you.

Sounds nice that you're great at Photoshop. I think some of us will want to learn a few things from you, then. And I'm very sure you'll get help here, with your problems shooting i manual mode. I try it myself sometimes, and I think it's a bit hard at times too.

Feel like telling us some more about yourself? Like what camera you have and how long you have been into photography? Maybe show us a picture of yourself too?

Thank you for introducing yourself and good luck with your photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Exclamation Thread astray! Friendly reminder...

Hello everyone!

We are all here to get help or give help in one way or another. Although, I think this thread has come a bit astray and off topic recently. The main purpose of this thread, is to introduce ourselves and let other members of these forums get to know us a little better. For specific questions about cameras and techniques etc., there are other threads and forums here on dcresource.com that are more suitable.

I understand it's easy to get carried away - one post leads to another, so to speak. But I'd like us to try to keep this thread to its original topic - introducing ourselves and learning some more about each other.

I don't mean to offend or complain about anyone. This is just meant a friendly reminder.
    Last edited by Wesan; 08-08-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

OK I'll try one. I'm Bill from So Cal in the OC. I joined the forum after stepping up to a Canon D40 from a Sony DSC828. I wanted the ability to change lens. Now I feel I'm learning to photograph all over again. Here is one of the few photos of me in the world as I'm usually behind the camera. I have just won my flight in our golf club championships. I'm 50ish. Love to golf and boating is another favorite for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Canon 40D, 17-55MM IS F2.8, 100MM 2.8 Macro,
    70-200MM F4L IS, 580EXII Flash, Sigma 1.4x DG
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/duffer18hcp/

Oh! Intro...

Hello everyone. It's time I introduced myself I suppose.

My name is Rizwan. I am 25 and originally from Sri lanka, but I've spent the last 8 years in Singapore (4 years in university, and now I work here). I am a civil engineer by profession. I am also an avid runner, swimmer, cricket, scrabble and chess (to a lesser extent) player, and movie-goer. I also enjoy following trends in technologies, especially computer hardware and mobile phones.

I am quite new to photography in terms of interest. I mean, I used to lug around my dad's old Mamiya, and later Minolta P&S film camera in days gone past, but it was never really a passion to snap at stuff. After starting work and making a little green of my own, I decided that it was time I got myself a proper camera, but even this was more protocol than anything else.

There's so much marketing in Singapore and the camera bigwigs, i.e: Canon, Nikon and Sony are everywhere. At that time all their products looked the same. I suppose the sheer flood of available options made me decide, out of despair, to start reading reviews and read online opinions. I found this forum, went with the questionnaire, and after much hestiation, humdrum and wallet checking, I bought Fuji. Somehow along the way I got bit by the shutter-bug, and since then its been a rollercoaster ride of learning and discovery. Its been loads of fun, and a nice distraction from the daily routine of work.

I do not think I am a great photographer, but someday I aim to get there. There is so much inspiration in these threads. A DSLR is desirable, and I oft suggest models in the forum to would be buyers, perhaps a trifle foolishly as I do not yet own one myself. But I'm going to wait, till I've felt that I've used what I have to the maximum before I move forward.

Anyway, here I am, warts and all (and my camera at arms length LoL).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Samsung NX10+30mm+18-55mm OIS, Fuji S6500FD