Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barb1686 View Post
    Hello. I just now stumbled upon this thread, so I'm a little late.

My name is Barbara, but most people just call me Barb. I am 21 years old, and a college student. I can't seem to make up my mind as to what I want to major in, so by the time I'm done I could've had my masters, or probably my doctorate too! lol

I've always enjoyed taking pictures, but I've always been stuck in auto mode. I don't know anything about photography except for what's in the viewfinder. I hope to one day learn so much more. I just ordered "Understanding Exposure" and a DVD for my Rebel XTi. I think it will be an easy read, at Amazon they let you read the first few pages of it, and I found it more interesting rather than a text book. I'm also trying to find local workshops around town. Haven't found any yet. I may need to go to Pittsburgh for that.
    just play with your camera and read the review's on the website, its how I learned..

surely we could put up a table (and sticky it) that explains the basics, prob a sticky for each camera company forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    hands up who hates delobbo !!!!!!
    DeviantArt Gallery

Flickr

Canon 450D + Twin Kit Lens + 50mm 1.4
    It doesn't have to be awkward Will

Just wanted to say hi to all the fellow digital photographers here on this site.It is a great way to get tips and questions answered...like whats better, nikon or canon!!!! duck I actually work in film manufacturing at Kodak..yes there is a few..very few of us left that still make film and enjoy taking pictures and traveling this great country
    Last edited by pas49ras; 06-19-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    Doug
    Pentax K200D,Pentax 18-250,Sigma 70-300 APO DG macro
    Kodak Z915
    http://picasaweb.google.com/pas49ras

I just got back into photography in March or April.
    Nikon D80 | SIGMA 18-50 f/2.8 EX Macro

Hi there, pas49ras and hockeyguy! Nice to meet you both. Thank you for introducing yourselves.

pas49ras: To answer your question - Canon is better, because I have two Canon cameras! Just kidding, of course. As you did. You're working in film manufacturing? What's that like in these digital days? I imagine not many people are using film for their cameras anymore? What kind of film do you manufacture? For still cameras or film (video) cameras? Or both, maybe? I preferred to use Kodak film for my old Canon EOS 600 SLR before.

hockeyguy: You got back into photography in March or April? Then, how long ago is it last time you were into photography? And what did you do in between? If you don't mind my asking? Feel like telling us a bit more about yourself? Judging by your nickname, I'd guess you like "cool" sports...like...ice hockey?

Welcome to these forums and good luck with your photography, both of you!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Not hocky...hokey. I used to shoot film in the eighties.
    Nikon D80 | SIGMA 18-50 f/2.8 EX Macro

pas49ras: To answer your question - Canon is better, because I have two Canon cameras! Just kidding, of course. As you did. You're working in film manufacturing? What's that like in these digital days? I imagine not many people are using film for their cameras anymore? What kind of film do you manufacture? For still cameras or film (video) cameras? Or both, maybe? I preferred to use Kodak film for my old Canon EOS 600 SLR before.
    Thanks for the welcome Wesan..
    We mostly do the movie print film, the film that is shown in theaters on the big screen.We also do lesser volumes of the Kodacolor family..100,200,400,800 speed color negative films. I started there in the 70's when film was king and have hung on through the contractions in the industry. I held out as long as I could before buying a digital camera and have never looked back..what a great product. Currently enjoying a Pentax K-100D..which by the way is better than any Canon or Nikon. Also picked up a Panasonic TZ-3 which I can't put down.
    Last edited by pas49ras; 06-20-2007 at 11:02 AM.
    Doug
    Pentax K200D,Pentax 18-250,Sigma 70-300 APO DG macro
    Kodak Z915
    http://picasaweb.google.com/pas49ras

Thought I'd say hello...no picture I'm afraid, I'm not photogenic. More photophobic. I love holding the camera, but try putting me in front of it and I'm gone. :P

Anyway, my name's Chris, and I'm posting from Somerset, South West England. I've always liked photography, but I'm just starting to get into it a bit more seriously, and am soon upgrading from a little 2.0 megapixel compact (Nikon Coolpix 2100...completely obsolete now) to a Panasonic FZ50. Big leap. I thought this forum looked like a good resource to help me on my way, and joined up. So hi to all of you, and I'm glad to have found you.

Hello there, Paradox! Welcome to these forums! Thank you for introducing yourself, it's nice to meet you.

Yes, I'm sure you'll find lots of help here, with any camera and photo questions you might have. There's lots of nice and helpful people here.

Good luck with your Panasonic FZ50, once you get it! Hope you'll like to share some pictures of yours with us.

Good luck with your photography and "happy shooting"!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Red face Sorry, hokeyguy

Quote Originally Posted by hokeyguy View Post
    Not hocky...hokey. I used to shoot film in the eighties.
    Oops... Sorry. I thought there was a "c" after the "o". I guess I need new glasses, huh...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Thanks Wesan. Yea I'll certainly upload some pictures. We're going on holiday in 2 weeks time, I should get the camera just before - so hopefully some good photo opportunities will arise, and I'll definatly get a bit of experience with the cameras ins and outs while I'm there. Although I'm only getting it with a 2 gig card, so 80-100 photos max. Should be fun to post-process all of them.