Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Hello Turn! Welcome to these forums. Thanks you for introducing yourself, it's nice to meet you.

How long have you been into photography? What do you think is most fun - photography or drumming? Give us the correct answer now! Just kidding...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi everyone! My name is Sara. I'm a married to Greg a US Navy man. He's going to retire this year after 25 years in the service. We have two daughters, Jessica who is 22 and Jacqueline who is 18. We also have one grand daughter, Violet. She's 2 weeks old. Guess who my favorite photo subject is?! I will have to take a self portrait one of these days and post it here.

I've been using cameras for 30+ years. I'm sure that my love for photography comes from my maternal grandfather. He would take photos of people and places, anything that he thought was interesting or beautiful.

My current photos are taken with my new "baby" a Nikon D40. I purchased it on June 8, 2007, in a kit along with a AF-S DX zoon Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G EDII lens. I have a Nikon SB-600 AF Speedlight flash, an Opteka RC-7 Wireless Remote Control and I carry everything in a Lowepro CompuDaypack Camera backpack in Burnt Orange. I wanted to be able to haul my laptop to parties and events and still have a place for other things. I'm waiting patiently to purchase my next lens. I have a Sunpak mini tripod and large tripod.

I have a Flickr account to build a portfolio and to also receive feedback on photos that I've taken. Please feel free to comment and let me know how I can improve with my photography. I still need to come up with a URL for it. I'm not sure if I want to use Creative Chick Photography or something smaller. That's a lot to type! I have a domain, Creative Chick and I plan on putting a photo blog on there this week. Right now there's a craft blog and a link to my tiny Etsy store. I need to expand that I guess.

Other cameras I have taken photos with recently is a Sony Cybershot T-33. I still have this one and I still use it on occasion.

Before the Cybershot T-33, I used a Nikon Coolpix 950, a Sony DSCP9 Cyber-shot and a Pentax film camera. I also own a Polaroid One Step.
    Last edited by tensixteen64; 06-12-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Sara

I'm too lazy to type out all the Nikon d40 things I have, so see it all here. And visit my Creative Chick Photography Flickr Page.

Hi, tensixteen64! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself. Very nice introduction - I think you told us just about everything we'd like to know.

Sounds like you're going professional with your photography - you mention a store, website and building a portfolio? Sounds interesting! Like to tell us some more about that, maybe? I think I found the website you mention, but the name there is Susan. Your name is Sarah?

And...do you perhaps have a picture of yourself, that you'd like to share with us here?

Welcome to these forums!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Normally I stay on the other end of the viewfinder (literal or metaphorical), but here goes:

My name is Alvin, I'm 21 and I'm about to finish my undergraduate degree in Cambridge, England (and with any luck I'll actually graduate). I took up photography soon after starting my degree, on the basis that it would be a waste if I didn't learn how to capture the place properly. (This is one of those places where the postcards actually don't lie.)

I have a Flickr page here, but it hasn't been updated in about a year (final-year studies here do that to you).

I'm not particularly skilled, and I've moved through a frankly disturbing number of cameras, among them:

Film cameras I've previously used:
    -Minolta X-700 (a family hand-me-down)
    -Canon Canonet G-III QL-17 rangefinder (dirt cheap from a junk/bric-a-brac shop, probably because the film door wouldn't stay shut - a less-than-amusing quirk that cost me a fair few rolls of film)

Digital cameras I currently use:
    -Panasonic LX1 (my current "pocketable" digicam)
    -Konica Minolta Dimage A2 (bought after the A2 was phased out - I keep it for videos and discreet shooting, since it shares batteries and CF cards with the Dynax)
    -Konica Minolta Dynax 5D (my current "main" camera) with kit 18-70 zoom and Sigma 28/1.8 EX DG Macro

(Yes, there is something of a recurring trend in my digital camera choices.)

I do mainly candid shots (during gatherings of family and friends, who have learned to put up with the snapping), urban landscapes and low-light photography.

The face behind the viewfinder:
    Name:  Dynax Self-Portrait (WinCE).jpg
Views: 302
Size:  9.5 KB
    S: Panasonic LX1 and LX3
    M: Konica Minolta Dimage A2
    L: Canon EOS 30D with Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM and Sigma 30 f/1.4 HSM
    Zooomr page

well...Im Chad, 17 year old beginner in the DSLR world. At the moment Im on student exchange in Brasil. really got into the photography here. mainly shooting landscapes, buildings, etc... Im also a mountain biker, so i will be shooting a lot of biking shots, a lot of hockey shots, and landscapes. i joined the forums to learn more about photography. i did it when i started out biking, and it helped out a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hi, tensixteen64! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself. Very nice introduction - I think you told us just about everything we'd like to know.

Sounds like you're going professional with your photography - you mention a store, website and building a portfolio? Sounds interesting! Like to tell us some more about that, maybe? I think I found the website you mention, but the name there is Susan. Your name is Sarah?

And...do you perhaps have a picture of yourself, that you'd like to share with us here?

Welcome to these forums!
    Thank you for the welcome. My actual site is Creative Chick I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to that or to my Flickr, so I didn't. My name is Sara, I don't know who Susan is, perhaps the site without the hyphen.

I'm just getting started in the business. I'm trying to build a portfolio with photos I've taken here in DC and I am doing a baby shower for a close friend at the end of the month. After that I will have a portfolio built up enough to advertise and hopefully get some business rolling in.

Here's a photo from January/February of 2007. I have yet to get a recent one of myself with my new Nikon. It's not the best photo, but it will do for now.

Name:  mejan07.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  33.1 KB
    Sara

I'm too lazy to type out all the Nikon d40 things I have, so see it all here. And visit my Creative Chick Photography Flickr Page.

Thumbs up

How come i missed this thread for so long??

Hi, I'm Vikash and my pet name is Viky. Though initially few good people mistook me for a woman, i'm actually a male! I'm 29 and I live in North east INDIA. I'm married and my son's just celebrated his 2nd b'day! He's my favourite subject

I've generally been very tech savvy and got my first Digital Camera - Samsung Digimax 130 1.3mp in 2001 for USD$ 490 My second cam was the Panasonic FZ5 which i bought in Nov 2005 for US$ 500. This is when i got really interested in photography....then in May this year i got my 400D setup. I've accumulated around 6k keepers in my digital album till now. Although i love to spend time clicking pics, i hardly get the time on weekdays due to my tight schedules though i do check up this site during breaks from work

This is a great site with some real people with very good manners and all this in a helpful and fun atmosphere. And not to miss some amazing photography!

Though I'm very paranoid about posting pics of my family online, I think this site is pretty decent... so here are two.... one of me and one of my son.

-Viky
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    You first see a photo with your mind, and then capture it with your camera!

Canon - EOS 50D | BG-E2N | 70-200mm f/4 L IS | 400mm f/5.6 L | Sigma - 18-50mm f/2.8 EX | 30mm f/1.4 EX | 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX | | Misc - 430EX | OC-E3 | EF-12 Ex Tube | Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 2x TC | FotoFile Backpack AW | Lowepro Nova 3 AW | Tripod | Panasonic FZ5.

My Flickr

Hello there, ayhcheung, CFord_Shooter and Viky! Welcome to these forums. Nice to meet you all.

ayhcheung: It seems like you've had quite a few cameras already, although you are still very young. I take it you're very interested in photography, then? Is photography something you'd like to continue with in the future, and maybe have as a profession?

CFord_Shooter: You're on student exchange in Brasil? Sounds nice! Where are you from "originally", then? Congrats to your DSLR, BTW! What camera is it? Do you see photography as a possible profession for yourself in the future, maybe?

Viky: Hehehe... Yeah, this is a pretty nice thread, isn't it? As is this whole site, as you said. But I think there are other members here, who have "missed" this thread a lot longer than you have. Or maybe they're just shy... Glad to know you've got a Canon DSLR. How do you like the 400D so far? What lens(es) and other accessories did you get so far?

Thanks to all of you for introducing yourselves!

Good luck with your photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Viky: Hehehe... Yeah, this is a pretty nice thread, isn't it? As is this whole site, as you said. But I think there are other members here, who have "missed" this thread a lot longer than you have. Or maybe they're just shy... Glad to know you've got a Canon DSLR. How do you like the 400D so far? What lens(es) and other accessories did you get so far?

Good luck with your photography!
    Hi Wesan, thanks for your warm welcome

Photography is my hobby and i hope it stays that way. As for the 400D, its a big jump from my FZ5 ans i'm loving it... still exploring its vast capabilitied. I'v got the following gear till now:

Canon EOS 400D # Canon 18-55mm Kit lens # Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens # Canon 70-300mm IS lens # Canon EF 12 II Extension Tube # Canon Remote Shutter Release # Digitex Circular Polarizer # Lowepro Nova 3 AW Camera Bag # Transcend 2GB CF Card 120x

Panasonic DMC FZ5 Ultar Zoom & the Samsung Digimax 130 (1.3mp)

Next on my list is a good Tripod.
    You first see a photo with your mind, and then capture it with your camera!

Canon - EOS 50D | BG-E2N | 70-200mm f/4 L IS | 400mm f/5.6 L | Sigma - 18-50mm f/2.8 EX | 30mm f/1.4 EX | 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX | | Misc - 430EX | OC-E3 | EF-12 Ex Tube | Kenko Teleplus 300 Pro 2x TC | FotoFile Backpack AW | Lowepro Nova 3 AW | Tripod | Panasonic FZ5.

My Flickr

ayhcheung: It seems like you've had quite a few cameras already, although you are still very young. I take it you're very interested in photography, then? Is photography something you'd like to continue with in the future, and maybe have as a profession?
    I have a healthy (my friends might say unhealthy) interest in photography which I'd like to continue, but I'm probably not going to go professional (I'd rather it stay as a pastime). However, given my fascination with low-light photography and spur-of-the-moment shots, I was constantly running into the limitations of various cameras (usually things like high-ISO noise and shooting speed). In retrospect, I should have done the smart thing and bought a dSLR from the get-go. Oh well - you live and you learn, I suppose.
    S: Panasonic LX1 and LX3
    M: Konica Minolta Dimage A2
    L: Canon EOS 30D with Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM and Sigma 30 f/1.4 HSM
    Zooomr page