Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    thanks for the warm welcome....
    wesan-
    I have been into photography since i was in grade school, i was always afraid i wouldn't have a camera with me to capture a moment...
    it wasn't untill the last two years that i realised how much more involved it can be and the more of the artistic side of photography.

I am picking up my camera from wolf hopefully tommorow (it was suppose to be in today)
    Nikon D200
    Nikon 18-70 mm AF-S DX f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED Zoom Lens
    QSX Pro Tripod

yep thats what i have...but im not sure abut the lens...if thats the one i wanted...i think they made a mistake and ordered the wrong one....im new to lenses

Hello everyone, My name is Tina & I am a girl....I have taken pictures all my life, but just recently decided to get "serious" about it. I now realize that there are many, many things I don't know. But I want to learn and get better at taking pictures. I am married, have a 17 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son. They all hate that I love to take pictures. My current camera is a FujiFilm S5100 FinePix. I got it from my husband on my birthday a couple years ago so I could get good pictures of the George Strait concert

Up until then I had only used film cameras. I love digital so much more. Not much more to tell. Thanks for letting me ramble. lol
    Tina

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
    Ernst Haas

Hello there, Tina_Cole! Welcome to the forums here. Nice to meet you.

You think there are many things you don't know? Yeah...I have the same feeling. And you know what? It's kind of like "the more you learn, the less you know"! That's a saying I've heard and that I like.

Anyway, joking apart - that's the big advantage of digital photography. It's much easier to practise and learn. You can take as many photos as you want to, view them directly on your camera or computer and see how they turned out. Then, you can change some settings on the camera and try again. You can also play around with different photo editing software to make your picutres look better or funnier. So I understand you like digital photography so much more.

BTW...if you've read this thread, you probably know that I always ask this question:

Do you feel like sharing a picture of yourself with us?

It's nice to know what the members here look like. But you don't have to, if you don't feel OK about it, of course.

Again, welcome and thanks for introducing yourself!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Talking Hello ... I am new here!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and introduce myself. I am Jeff and I am not a photographer. I like to shoot casual pictures and my wife is obsessed with our 8mo. old son. She has over 3,000 pictures of him already! Anyway I came to this site to find out more information about digital cameras and so far I really love the resources and Jeff's reviews are great! Anyway I am currently an owner of a 3 year old Canon A80 4MP. It's a great camera and I am looking to find a nice upgrade. I have yet to find one to suit my needs. Below is a shot of me and my son Nikolas from my MacBook's webcam! Got to love 'em.

See ya'll around!

Name:  Photo 3.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  67.9 KB
    White MacBook --- Canon A80

Hi there, MightyJD! Thank you for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you and welcome to these forums.

I agree - Jeff's reviews are great! And so are the the people and forums here. So I'm sure you'll find the help you need, to find a new camera that suits your needs.

Again, welcome and good luck finding a new camera and with your future photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi wesan,how u doing?

Hi to everyone new.!!!

Jeff, hello and welcome.... that's a beautiful boy u have there......Nikolas has such beautiful blue eyes!! Post some more of his please, out of the 3000......I know how mothers go nuts clicking their little ones....lol....I am one of them.

All the best and enjoy!!

Best Regards
    Chili !

PENTAX K10D
    SMCP FA 18-55MM
    SMCP FA 50MM 1.4
    SMCP FA 80-200MM
    TAMRON 28-75MM 2.8

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.

Wesan -
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to the great community.

Lilchilichoco -
    Thanks for the great comments. Both my wife and I have blue eyes and Nikolas ended up with even deeper blue eyes than both of us. Everyone loves his eyes.

Here is another picture from Nik's first trip to the Zoo a couple weeks ago!
    Name:  NikZoo.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  84.3 KB
    White MacBook --- Canon A80

I'm doing fine, Lilchilichoco. And you?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Alright my name is Will but I'm known by afew nicknames:
    Spartacus and Beach/Beachball

17 (18 in 6 days) in year 12
    I live in Australia 45minutes from Sydney
    I've been drumming for 1.5 years (no band)

I'm glad that the women here are not treated any differently from the guys (but then after all these forums are quite mature from the usual ones that I go on)

I am a christian and I'm doing a devotional tonight woot! (don't worry I'm no extremist)

a quick shot from today for you guys

and well its good to meet you all

here is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    hands up who hates delobbo !!!!!!
    DeviantArt Gallery

Flickr

Canon 450D + Twin Kit Lens + 50mm 1.4
    It doesn't have to be awkward Will

Hey, Turn! Good stuff, I have a Bible study written out for Tuesday.

This is a great forum, full of wise counsel. Along with the not-so-wise, but the distinction is so clear that it's hard to fall for the fake stuff. Great people, too.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)