Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Raydarnsky Guest

Smile Hi Folks

Hi all,
    I'm Ray and I'm a man and just broke the 50's barrier, the picture is of myself and my wife Gail on a motorcycle trip last year to Red Lodge, MT. We live in central Wyoming, I was born and raised here, my wife is a New York transplant that fits in surprisingly well (or at least I think so!).

I have been around photography for many years. I started out with a Canon SLR and it was either a TX or XT a low end manual only SLR and took what now amounts to a moving box of pictures over the years. My wife was awarded a Canon AE-1 SLR as an employee reward and we added to the box of photos over the years as our kids grew up. Once the kids were out of the house we decided to get a point and shoot digital and ended up with a Sony DSC P92 (this picture was taken with that camera).

My daughter is a journalist and is really interested in photo-journalism, she uses a Canon Rebel DSLR (proper terminilogy?). I think she has a great eye for photography.

I hankered for a digital camera with some zoom as there is a lot of wildlife here but many times it is off in the distance. Well, we are going to Alaska on the motorcycle this summer so I felt it was a good time to upgrade. I now have a Canon S3 IS on order and am looking forward to snapping some shots and hopefully improving my photographic and Adobe Photoshop skills through this web site before we leave in July. Thanks for a great site and an interesting thread!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Raydarnsky! Welcome to these forums. Thank you for introducing yourself. It's nice to meet you. That's a nice view in the picture you posted.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information in the forums here, and also a lot of helpful people, if you have any questions.

I'm glad you like this thread, too!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi. I'm new. A person from a completely different forum told me about this place, and I hope to learn some new tricks on my camera, because I'm completely clueless. I just click the button and get a picture!

Great thread Wesan! It really took off

Nice to meet everyone

Hello there, See_Jane_Run! Welcome to these forums. Nice to meet you. How long have you been into photography and what camera are you using? Feel like sharing some more info about yourself? Maybe even a picture of yourself (only if you feel OK about it, of course!)?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Quote Originally Posted by FLiPMaRC View Post
    Great thread Wesan! It really took off

Nice to meet everyone
    Thanks, FLiPMaRC! Yes, it seems like it was a good idea, this thread.

Thank you, Jeff Keller, for moving it here and making it sticky!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Talking

Hi, my name is Filip. I am 14 years old. I like making games, playing guitar and taking photos (which I have not been lately due to it being stolen)
    I'm in Year 9 of high school. I like taking photos of my cat and my family.
    This Photo was taken in Italy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello there, Riku/Filip! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to these forums.

Was your camera stolen? That's too bad. I hope you can get a new camera sometime and continue with photography. It's a nice hobby. Nice to know you're playing the guitar. Music is a nice hobby too. I used to play the piano, but haven't for several years now. Maybe I should start again...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi wesan.........nice new shot you got there........how have you been? You seem to have done a bit of everything......piano too....wow!! I sing and I wish I knew some instrument......I think I'll get my daughter to learn the piano and I'll tag along too

Take care
    Best Regards
    Chili !

PENTAX K10D
    SMCP FA 18-55MM
    SMCP FA 50MM 1.4
    SMCP FA 80-200MM
    TAMRON 28-75MM 2.8

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.

Hi Lilichilichoco/2PDG. Thanks! I've been fine. I post some pics in the "Some S3 Pics" thread now and then. Yeah...maybe I do have done a bit of this and that. I played the piano for 10 years, while I was going to school (years 3 to 12, I think). Mostly classical music, according to the piano books... You're singing too? Nice.

Take care you too and see you around the forums!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS