Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Hi there, fidlin! Nice to meet you and welcome to these forums! Thank you for introducing yourself.

Congrats to your new camera and welcome to the digital world of photography! I guess the Canon EOS 30D is quite a huge step from the Canon AE-1 cameras, aside from the step from film to digital, huh? I'm sure you won't regret going digital, though.

So you have been in different places of the world, you say? Ever been in Europe? Scandinavia? Sweden?

When you get more familiar with your 30D, maybe you'd feel like taking a photo of yourself and let us know what you look like? You don't have to. Only if you feel OK about it, of course.

Good luck with your 30D and happy shooting!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi

Hi Wesan,
    Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I guess I took a big leap by getting the 30d. I already can see the huge advantages of digital, now I just need lots of practice. I hope to have time before I have to take off here, to put up a couple of photos. Below is one of me and my Peruvian wife. It was taken a few weeks ago with my little Canon A80.
    Letīs see, Iīve been to Sweden, one of the nicest places Iīve been to, and the people were very friendly and helpful. A lot of them spoke English, so that was good for me - lazy American who can only speak one language . I lived in England for about 3 years, and while I was there, I saw a few European countries - Germany, Hungary, Czech, Scotland, couple others I canīt think of right now. Was great to see all those places, to see how people live in different parts of the world. Itīs amazing the way a lot of people live. One of the things I enjoy about travelling is trying the different food - I love it all.
    Ok, guess Iīll see if I can put up a couple of pictures, maybe Iīll start in the bug topic, I was playing with that the past couple of days.

Alright, alright... I'm typically quite adverse to appearing in photographs of any kind. See, I still hold to the idea that a camera steals at least a portion of the soul of the subject, and... alright, I just don't like posing, at all, ever.

But I must admit to a certain fondness for this one, obtained on my old Olympus P&S in the traditional bathroom mirror environment (an old photography filter applied in Photofiltre).

Nikon D40 + kit lens

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D AF(...or not)

Quote Originally Posted by fionndruinne View Post
    Alright, alright... I'm typically quite adverse to appearing in photographs of any kind. See, I still hold to the idea that a camera steals at least a portion of the soul of the subject, and... alright, I just don't like posing, at all, ever.

But I must admit to a certain fondness for this one, obtained on my old Olympus P&S in the traditional bathroom mirror environment (an old photography filter applied in Photofiltre).

You're hot.

*blushes*
    Nikon D80 yo.

Hello, fionndruinne! Welcome to these forums. Nice to meet you. Thanks for introducing yourself. Where are you from and how long have you been into photography?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

fidlin: Glad to know you've been to Sweden and like the country and people. I hope you're not just saying that, because I'm from Sweden...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Thanks, Chinsumo. And thanks, too, Wesan. I hail from southwestern Oregon (originally southern California, where I'm visiting at present, but I got out of this heatsink a few years ago). I've had a point-and-shoot digital for about four years, got it before going to Alaska once, and have managed some good shots (out of desperation!). Now that I've finally invested in a DSLR, I'm getting some much nicer quality results.
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

You're from Oregon, fionndruinne? Cool! My girlfriend lives there.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

One of the most beautiful states in the Union, it is. What part?
    Nikon D40 + kit lens

She's from the northwestern part of Oregon.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS