Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Howdy Wesan! Yeah astronomy is great, very interesting subject. I haven't decided for sure about my future but most likely either research into cosmology or observational astronomy

I've been using this username for a long time now (about 5 years). It came about when me and a friend were drinking and he randomly yelled "I am a elephant!". I thought it was funny as hell, and the next day I needed a username for a website I was joining and it came to mind. Been using it ever since

Hi all, I am Jeff "TheInstaller" and I am from southwestern Connecticut. I am 34, married with one son, and I am currently a custom a/v installer. I have been in the IT field doing installations and support, and also in the car electronics install field. Ever since I was in middle school, I have had an interest in taking pictures. It was always with one form of point and shoot camera or another. Last Sunday I saw a killer price on a Kodak Z612, so I grabbed it as an upgrade to my old Vivitar DVR-310. Previous to that I used a Sanyo VPC-G250.

I enjoy going offroading with my modified Jeep Cherokee, and am always snapping pictures. Now that I have a camera that gives me real control, I am turning my love of taking pictures into a hobby.
    =Jeff=
    Kodak EasyShare Z612, Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 35-420mm AF 12x Optical zoom, 512mb SD card, Vivitar VPT-120SE tripod

Hi. I'm John. It's great to see the faces of serious photographers! My interest in digital photography is from experiments in film restoration. My D-70-S is mounted on an old 35mm movie film optical printer which is used to copy very old movies. The current project is a 1915 Danish drama titled "Shanghaied" which a friend found in a basement when he bought something on ebay. There are about 14000 images in the film, which are assembled into an image sequence in After Effects. As you can imagine the results, although labor intensive, are quite good.

My job is as an animator specializing in Flash. Right now I'm directing the artwork for a live action kids show which uses my cartoony backgrounds and animals. If you are older than 5 you probably won't be watching.

Attached is a sample frame reduced to 800 px from the original 2240. Age has discolored the original tinting and toning (the silver image was replaced by a metalic salt to give it a blue color and the film base was dyed yellow)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

bookpage Guest

Talking Hello to everyone.

My name is Rayburn and live in Hewitt, Texas. I am 65, married 46 years, have three daughters and six grandchildren [5 girls & 1 boy].

I am retired from teaching college computer classes [22+ years] and working in the computer industry for 15 + years. I have two small businesses; creating websites and selling used books.

I have been taking pictures for a long time, but only about 10 years with a digital camera. My first camera was one of the first Sony Mavica using floppy diskettes. I used it to take pictures for my eBay auctions. Later I bought a HP printer and got a HP Photosmart 620 with it. [2.1 MP]

My current camera is a Canon Powershot A610 with 5 MP.

I am very much interest in doing panoramic pictures and 360 VR. Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.

Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot.

Last edited by bookpage; 04-10-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add image

cookie99 Guest
    Hi folks

Probably your newest member 3 minutes ago.

I am 55 from Melbourne Australia and have been into photography for 42 years and have done skydiving photography, underwater photography and am now into filming using a Sony Bullet cam on my motorcycle.

Chris

Canon A1
    Canon EOS 350D
    Canon 30D
    Nikonos IV
    Hel-Cam System http://www.helmetcameras.com.au/

Hello there, TheInstaller, sufferincats, bookpage and cookie99! Nice to see so many new members and introductions here, in just a few days!

Welcome to these forums, guys, and thank you for introducing yourselves. Nice meeting you all. It's nice to know some about your "photography and camera history", so thanks for sharing.

TheInstaller: Offroading sounds cool! It's something I'd like to try sometime. Hope you have some pictures from your offroading adventures, that you'd like to share with us in the forums here? Would be nice to see your modified Jeep in action. Although...it might be hard for you, to take pics of it at the same time you're driving it...

sufferincats: Using digital photography to restore old film sounds interesting. You take a photo of each frame of the film, then, I understand? That's a lot of work! BTW - do you think we could see your face too?

bookpage: Making panoramic pictures also sounds interesting. Have you made any yet, that you might like to share with us? Would be interesting to see.

cookie99: 42 year in photography at the age of 55? You started early! And such photography, too - skydiving, underwater and motorcycle! Impressing! You must be a pretty adventurous guy. Sounds like you would have lots of interesting pictures to share?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

New Here

My name is Vanna, I'm a student at GWU, and also a guy. Disregard the fact that I have a womans name. haha.

Here's a pic of me:

And I just got my first DSLR on Monday, a Nikon D80 and I love it.

Here are some pics, just goofing around:

Dasani bottle:

My hand:
    Nikon D80 yo.

Hello there, Chinsumo! Thank you for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you. And welcome to these forums!

Congrats on your first DSLR! What did you have before that one? How long have you been into photography?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi

Hi Everybody,

Iīm new here (but you knew that already), and new to the digital photography world. I used conventional equipment for about the past 4 years (Canon AE-1 and AE-1 Program). Both of my 70-200 lenses were hazy, I guess they had fungus or something, so I never got anything real good with them. SO, I thought that instead of spending money on lenses, I would just wait till I could afford to get some decent digital stuff. I read and read on the internet - the debate between film and digital, and I learned that for what I would be doing, I needed to go digital - yikes.
    About 3 weeks ago, I got a Canon 30d with the 18-55 (I think itīs 18-55 ) kit lens, a Tamron 200-500 zoom, and a Canon 100mm macro. Havenīt had much time to practice, but I did get a few shots yesterday - nothing spectacular, just some bugs and birds.
    Been reading here for the past couple of weeks, the folks here look to be very helpful and decent, and the photos are out of this world.
    Forgot, Iīm a guy (which Iīm not embarrassed about ), human (which Iīm embarrased about some of the time), originally from Hawaii (proud of for the most part), seen quite a few places around the world (because up till recently I havenīt been able to sit still for very long), and now I live in Peru (if you can believe THAT).
    So, I hope to be part of what goes on here, I know Iīll learn tons from you people. Sorry this turned out to be longer than I planned .
    Ok, thatīs all for now, see yīall later on.

fid

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hello there, Chinsumo! Thank you for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you. And welcome to these forums!

Congrats on your first DSLR! What did you have before that one? How long have you been into photography?

Hey, I've been into digital photography for a couple of years now. My first Digital was a FujiFinepix E510. And I've been wanting to get a DSLR for the last year and a half, and finally decided to get one. After an exhaustive amount of research, I chose the D80. And I have zero regrets.
    Nikon D80 yo.