Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by westy79 View Post
    Hi everyone, im Dave. I live in England with my lovely wife to be Lucy, and our lilltle beagle Lily. My photography has become more of a passion over the last couple of years due to taking plenty of snaps whilst away on holiday. I take my little Canon ixus everywhere with me to the annoyance of family members!!!!! Put the camera away they shout! I have yet to branch out into the DSLR camp as im worried my love for taking "caught in the moment" photos will be lost trying to get the perfect shot. I also feel having just gone 30 thats its too late to learn using a DSLR.

I love taking landscapes, buildings etc but im not so keen on portraits. I love this site as there are some great reviews and really friendly people on the forum who have already gave me lots of advice which i appreciate.

www.flickr.com/photos/djwesty79/

You're certainly not too old to learn more about photography. I suggest using the P&S when you're just out having fun and using a DSLR when you're looking for that "perfect shot".
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I agree 100% with Lukas!
    Welcome to the forum - please post some photos and share some of this fun!
    No reason at all for you not to consider a DSLR and have fun with the P&S
    Loads of people do. At the end of the day - the guy (or gal) behind the camera is the one who makes the shot!
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Hey; people are changing careers at 50 every day. Surely 30 isn't too old for just about anything except maybe becomeing a pro athlete.
    Gear List:
    Some links I like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Wesan ???

Nice to meet you Westy.
    One advantage of the DSLR you're considering is that you can control the depth of field, ie put the background out of focus. If you love landscapes that could be a disadvantage. For a quick moving dog though the abscence of shutter lag with a DSLR could be usefull. Oh and I changed from a P&S at 39.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Hi, thanks for the welcomes. Im still split between buying a DSLR and waiting. Im taking a beginners photography course and would like to take something that had manual controls, i dont want to look uneasy with an unfamiliar DSLR.

Smile Evening everyone..

Hi! I'm new here.. my name is Fiona (Puritycontroller) this is me:

I've always loved taking pictures, started snapping my first pet (a cat) when I was about ten and I've been poking a lens at everyone and everything ever since!
    My first camera was a kodak with a flip out cover that also served as a handle.. remember those?!
    Since then I have owned:
    Canon Sureshot telemax
    Canon Powershot A85
    Canon Powershot A620 - Used to take all of my 'woodland whiskers' photos!
    Nikon Coolpix S210
    Canon Powershot Sx1 IS - Purchased last week and still being fiddled with!
    I admit that I'm only a novice and don't know much about manual camera settings. My usual approach is 'ooh what does this button do?' followed by a lot of trial and error.
    About 5 years ago I became interested in the local wildlife and I love spending time in the woods watching the red squirrels, birds and bank voles.

Hi Fiona - I was just looking at your squirrel shots - they are lovely!!
    I haven't seen a red squirrel up that close.
    Keep experimenting and snapping away - you are clearly good at it -
    so enjoy what you do well.
    If you are ever unsure about the workings of any of your cameras - there are reviews on this site - and also on some other sites too.
    Just shout if you need to know anything
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler View Post
    Hi Fiona - I was just looking at your squirrel shots - they are lovely!!
    If you are ever unsure about the workings of any of your cameras - there are reviews on this site - and also on some other sites too.
    Just shout if you need to know anything
    Geoff
    Hi Geoff - thanks for the warm welcome!
    I will definitely be looking around here to learn a bit more - there are some amazing photos in the gallery thread.
    It's nice to be around people who just love taking pictures

That's us here Fiona - we just love taking photos - there are some
    amazing photos posted here too!
    I visit a couple of other Forums - I have been to many and I am now quite selective about where I reside - I like the format here - I find it very accessable and the people friendly and helpfull.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your photos
    Geoff

hello ladies and gents.

sam here and i am new to the photography world. my 6 year old sony t33 point and shoot died a week ago and i decided to pull the trigger on the canon rebel t1i. i'm in love with the camera right now. taking shots of everything i see.

hopefully i can learn a lot of things from the forums and you guys.
    --------
    follow me on Twitter
    Flickr