Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Wow quick posting treetop to get 44+ posts in a few days. Welcome aboard.

To keep on topic (intro new members) Foxes and Geoff a new thread to continue the lens discussion perhaps?
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Ok, I'll contribute.

My name is Larry and I have been retired for many years. My newest camera is a Nikon D90. I'm a picture taker, not a photographer or artist. I sometimes take publicity photos for the organization where I volunteer as a wild animal handler. I also train others to handle wild animals.

I don't have any self-portraits, but here are a couple that others have taken while I was with some animals.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Wow quick posting treetop to get 44+ posts in a few days. Welcome aboard.

To keep on topic (intro new members) Foxes and Geoff a new thread to continue the lens discussion perhaps?
    No worries - I think we were done on that one anyway
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Hi guys

Hello guys i'm newbie here at this forum... just join yesterday, How you doing guys today?

New here - From near Pittsburgh

Just joined today. Have used P&S digitals for years, mainly to docuement my metalwork. I do jewelry making, silversmithing and pewtersmithing and teach the craft as well. So, got into digital as a documentation tool.

This past year I bought a DSLR, a Canon Xsi and a few lenses. My main reason was to have good macro shots of my jewelry to put on a web site (which is in the works).

I enjoy taking photos of family and family events, nature, and motorcycles (another passion/hobby).

Hope to learn much here and of course.....Go Steelers !!!

Where's Wesan to welcome you? In his abscence welcome all to the forum.

Albino python, aren't they a bit rare?

Duckman there's a lot of motorcycle lovers here. I'd personally like to see a shot of the metalwork, perhaps in the photo gallery section.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum today but I have been a longtime browser of DCRP.

I'm a female customer service cubicle drone from Malaysia.

I didn't really start getting interested in photography until June 2008 when my friend got me into a new hobby: toy and figure collecting.

With my friend's guidance, I started getting familiar with my camera which until June was always set on "Auto". I still have a long way to go. While I'll probably always remain a casual camera user, I hope to learn enough so that my photos look better than how I used to take pictures.

I tend to carry around my camera in my handbag almost every day. I'm waiting for a good ultra zoom camera that will fit snugly in my handbag, and still have space for my two phones, my iPod, nintendo DS, wallet and ladies' essentials...without making my handbag look like a mini-backpack.

My photography goals for this year:
    1. Learn more about lighting.
    2. Work on taking more live pictures, i.e. actual people.
    3. Get a tripod and learn how to use it.
    4. Find a way to carry around a camera and tripod without carrying more than 1 ladies handbag!

I hope to get to know everyone better!

Pam
    Current camera: Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

My photos used to go here! but now I post them on Facebook. :P

Oh yeah...*ahem* Disclaimer: Any opinions I share are from the perspective of a lazy, couch-potato point and shooter. So take it with a grain of salt.

Welcome Pam and they're good objectives to set. Don't forget to have fun too.

I got a laugh out of your cubicle drone description - I might have to copy that one.

Wesan - Wesan?

Hi All, just joined this forum. Looking forward to getting to know like minded people. I like to keep up to date with the latest digital cameras and i'm always looking for good reviews.

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, im Dave. I live in England with my lovely wife to be Lucy, and our lilltle beagle Lily. My photography has become more of a passion over the last couple of years due to taking plenty of snaps whilst away on holiday. I take my little Canon ixus everywhere with me to the annoyance of family members!!!!! Put the camera away they shout! I have yet to branch out into the DSLR camp as im worried my love for taking "caught in the moment" photos will be lost trying to get the perfect shot. I also feel having just gone 30 thats its too late to learn using a DSLR.

I love taking landscapes, buildings etc but im not so keen on portraits. I love this site as there are some great reviews and really friendly people on the forum who have already gave me lots of advice which i appreciate.

www.flickr.com/photos/djwesty79/