Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Welcome to the forum psycho, which camera do you use most. Have you got a self portrait?
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Thanks, faisal. Since I started this thread, I kind of think it's like my job or duty to do it. It's a nice job, though. Although, everybody else is welcome to welcome new members in this thread too, of course.
    I think everyones happy to leave you with the hard yards there Wesan. I think it's nice you do this too.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Welcome psycho9x!

Hello there, psycho9x! Nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums.
    Your screen name somehow reminds me of old Windows versions - Windows 95 and Windows 98. Maybe you should change your screen name to...psychoVista now? Just kidding!

In your work as an editor, is part of your job being a photographer? What kind of subjects do you personally like the most to take pictures of?

I also ask the same question as Dread Pirate Robers: Do you perhaps have any picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us in this thread? To "face the photographer", so to speak?

If you have any questions about cameras and photography, there are many nice and helpful people here willing to help you.

Thank you for introducing yourself. Good luck with your photography and photography classes!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    I think everyones happy to leave you with the hard yards there Wesan. I think it's nice you do this too.
    Thank you, Dread Pirate Roberts.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Dread: I prefer the D40 cause it seems to auto focus faster than the canon. I know a photographer should use manual but lets just say the camera can do it much better than i can, but im working on it. Plus im not a big fan of the canon repeatedly firing the flash in low light to try and get focus. I'm sure ill warm up to the canon once i get to play with it some more.

Wesan: LOL, how about Psycho7 or Psycho2.0? No, i don't do any photography professionally just as a hobby for now. At the moment i love taking night shots and action shots.

I will hopefully get a photo up soon, at the moment im at work and don't have any access to my pictures.
    Cameras:

Canon EOS 450D
    18-55 kit lens
    18-200 3.5 Tamron
    50 1.8 Canon
    430ex ii
    Opteka battery grip

The only photo that sucks is the one you didn't take.

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker and a reader of the site for around 4 years now. Finally decided to sign up as I'm quite getting into my photography!

My name's Craig and I'm from good old sunny UK My first digital camera was a Konica Minolta G400 which was a fantastic camera, took so many awesome shots. The night mode (up to 15 sec exposure for a point and shoot) was brilliant and I took some great shots.

I recently purchased a Fuji Finepix s6500fd and I'm having so much fun with it, only just learning how to use the manual controls and what everything means.

I've got loads of questions to ask and hopefully can find the answers!

Smile

Hello Zalion.

Hello mates, I am new here, althought I have been surfing around DC for years, But never got to know it had a Forum (I am not a detailed reader lol), The day I got to know it had a forum, I joined in. It seems we have good people here ready to help others, I am from India, and I am a Computer geek, you can see my rig in Sig. I like to help out people with their Computer Hardware issues. Recently I have grown interest in photography. Photography is serious fun like any other activity for me, like it make other enjoy what we have seen in real. My first digicam was a Fujifilm A101, I currently have a Canon A630 and had over 25000 pics in a year. I love taking pics of fireworks and lightning.

I am planning to buy me a entry level DSLR on 14th (my Birthday) to learn the photography basics (esp exposures) before I get a real DSLR that is capable of taking unrealistic pics. Might go for A200 or 1000D or D40, I have tried them all, but will decide after the expert opinion of you guys. since I am a graduate student I will need something real light and compact so I can carry them around where ever I go.

Here is my recent pic and pics of my PC.

Click the above pics for bigger size

Warm Regards to all.

-Abhishek
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 11-01-2008 at 05:20 AM.
    Flickr
    Canon 500D Kit || 50 1.8 || Sigma 10-20 HSM EX || Slik Pro 340DX || Hitech GNDs + B+W #110

Arrow Welcome zailon and ANP !!!

zailon:
    Hello there, zailon! Nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums. And thank you for introducing yourself.

You mention the night mode of the Minolta G400. I take it night photography is a kind of photography you like, then? What other kind of photography do you like? Do you think you'll go DSLR in the future?

There are many nice and helpful people here, as you might have noticed already. So I'm sure you'll find answers to your questions. If you can't find any, post your question and someone will give you an answer.

Oh! One more question - I think you know which one... Do you by any chance have a picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us in this thread?

ANP !!!:
    Hello there you too, ANP !!!! Welcome to these these forums, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself.

I like pictures of fireworks and try to take some myself sometimes. But it's hard to get the right timing, I think. Taking pictures of lightning has to be even harder. How do you do it? Any special technique?

I think you'll get good and thoughtful advice from the members here, about what camera you should choose, if you haven't already.

Looks like a pretty cool PC you've got, BTW!

To both of you: Good luck with your photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Thanks Wesan, nice to meet you too , hope we know each other good as time goes.

For Lightning pics, I point the camera at the place where most lightning is happening and slow shutter time.

This is just one of the pics I got one night, the lightning happened just a km away from me, and the sound was deafening.

A630
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 11-04-2008 at 09:38 PM.
    Flickr
    Canon 500D Kit || 50 1.8 || Sigma 10-20 HSM EX || Slik Pro 340DX || Hitech GNDs + B+W #110

Hi guys,
    didn't realize I had registered here but noticed my computer has logged me in.
    I pop in for a look every now and then, mainly in the Nikon forum, great pics in there.
    I shoot a D80 myself, always trying to improve, but life seems to prevail lol.