Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Welcome, Keleka Kaimana

Hello, Keleka Kaimana! Nice to meet you, welcome to these forums.

If you've preferred one brand for 30 years, you must have been into photography for at least as long. That means a lot of experience too, so I'm sure you will be able to give many of us here help and advice. Nice to have you here. Hope you'll like to share some of your work with us too.

What camera and other equipment are you using now? Don't worry - there won't be a "brand fight" in this thread. But I, and other members here, think it's interesting to know what equipment is being used by the members of the forums here. Let me guess...you've preferred one brand for 30 years...then, it just has to be Canon! Right?

Do you by any chance have a picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us in this thread? Oh! And I need to ask you - are you a man or a woman? I can't tell from your name.

Thank you for introducing yourself. Good luck with your photography!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Smile

Hi My name is Viv.. I am 47.. been taking pictures for awhile.. but am now just taking a Photography course to get my accredentials.. its a tough course since the first 50% is based on film cameras .. but amazed to find out basically the same rules apply to digital .. I have a fujifilm S9100 and hopefully purchasing a Pro5 in the near future.. I love my Camera its my third child..lol.. I hope to learn alot here also.. I am late in the game but I would love to be a Professional Photographer when I grow up.. I live in the Mountains of the Saguenay Valley Quebec.. best place to be with a Camera in hand..

Thanks for the nice welcome wesan.

Yes. You are correct, Canon!

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Welcome Viv47, like your excitement!

Hey everyone

Been roaming around this forum for about 2 months. Wife wanted something better than a P&S camera. We got a Nikon D80.

Learned how to use a fixed lense 35mm in the mid 70's. When we went on vacation I was the designated picture taker.

After I left home my picture taking days were over. Film was to expensive to develope. I still have film form the 80's I haven't developed.

Fast forward to the digital age. This was made for me.

I have a new hobby. Right now my interest is in landscapes, flowers, macros of insects, and of course my cats.

I live in Southeast Tennessee and the leaves are starting to change.

Since I haven't had much to do with photography for the past 30 years I will probaly have more questions than answers.

gday from australia shane here i just sighed up here i use a panasonic fZ28 i just got had a few cameras over the time hope to post some good pics and learn from here cheers shane
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shane33/
    http://shane33.smugmug.com/

Hello Wesan !

Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hello there, strides! Welcome to these forums. It's nice to meet you.

How is it going with your Sony DSC H-50? How do you like it so far? What kind of photography do you like the most (landscape, portrait, macro etc.)?

Oh! Do you by any chance have any picture of yourself, that you'd like to show us in this thread?

Thank you for introducing yourself and good luck with your photograhpy!
    Hi Wesan.... Sorry for replying so late... Came back from trekking in Himalayas on 13th..
    This is my first digicam... I am just an amateur learning the trade ...
    I love taking pictures of landscapes, long winding roads, misty hills, twilights. I have taken some macro flower pics too... I'll share them with you guys. Anyway, sharing my pic here (taken by friend in a Canon S3IS) ...

If you can't make a great photograph of a mundane subject, at least make a mundane photograph of a great subject!

- An old photographic maxim

Smile Welcome Viv47, Tomcat, shane33!

Viv47:
    Hello there, Viv47! Welcome to these forums. It's nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself. You want to be a professional photographer when you grow up? Yeah...I'd like that too. Not sure when I'll grow up, though... LOL How long have you been into photograhpy?

Tomcat:
    Hi there, Tomcat! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself. Welcome to these forums. I had a few film cameras before too, and I got my first in the 70s as well. I was very young then, I'll admit. In the late 80s, I got the Canon EOS 600 SLR. Eventually, I too thought film was too expensive to develope. I now have a Canon Powershot S3IS and am dreaming about a DSLR...

shane33:
    G'day, shane33! Thank you for introducing yourself. Welcome to these forums, it's nice to meet you. How long have you been into photograhpy? What are your favourite subjects? What cameras did you have in the past?

Viv47, Tomcat and shane33 - do you by any chance have any pics of yourselves that you'd like to show in this thread? I'm sure you know I always ask that...

Good luck with your photography to all of you!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Wesan....you're like the welcoming person of this forum....good job you're doing btw....it's always nice to see a friendly person welcoming you when you join a forum....
    Film
    Nikon EM, Series E lenses 50mm f1.8|28mm f1.8|100mm f2.8, Sigma 80-200mm f4.5-5.6
    Minolta Riva 100AF, Sinpo PQ-3, Olympus mju-III wide 100, Yashica 635
    Digital
    Sony cybershot W90, cybershot T90
    Canon A720i|400D|7D|5DMKII|85mm f1.8|24-105mm f4|135mm f2|40mm f2.8|430EX II*2|BG-E3|BG-E7
    Sigma 24mm f1.8|50mm f2.8|105mm f2.8 Samyang 8mm fisheye
    Portfolio

Thanks, faisal. Since I started this thread, I kind of think it's like my job or duty to do it. It's a nice job, though. Although, everybody else is welcome to welcome new members in this thread too, of course.
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hey, my names Rich and I'm new around here. My screen name is psycho9x, don't ask Ive had it since 98', you can also reach me on AIM at the same screen name. I currently work as an editor for traffic.com and i am taking some classes on photography to get a better understanding of all the things my cameras can do and also to get a better grasp on lighting and such. Ive been into photography since i was about 10 years old (26 now) when i got my first camera as a birthday gift, it was a POS but it took some decent pics. feel free to contact me if you'd like.
    Cameras:

Canon EOS 450D
    18-55 kit lens
    18-200 3.5 Tamron
    50 1.8 Canon
    430ex ii
    Opteka battery grip

The only photo that sucks is the one you didn't take.