Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesan View Post
    Hello, avi777! Nice to meet you. I see you've been here a while already, so it might be a bit late to tell you "welcome to these forums"...lol Still, you know you are. I think it's the first time I see you and your nickname, though. Do you feel like telling us something about yourself, maybe?
    Yeah Wesan, I have been around quite a while. Not been too regular though, until lately. As you would have noticed from a few pics I have pasted around, I am not much of a photographer - still a long way to go. And I had joined this forum before I got my H1 (the reviews here helped me decide). Have been clicking away ever since, that's when am not at work. Work revolves around Windows Servers - that keeps me busy 8-9 hours a day.
    Otherwise I love travelling and clicking photos, but that's not too often either
    Last edited by avi777; 03-08-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    Avi
    Canon EOS Digital Rebel Xti,
    Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-4.6, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
    My Flickr

about Ryan..

Hey all, ive been on this forum for a while now, I am a New Hampshirite that has been transplanted down to NC. Im 23 and right now Im a full time student in college majoring in psychology, about to grad :EEK!: which Im trying to figure out what to do now. I work at Ritz camera selling cameras, processing and print film etc. i have been a Nikon guy since my first digital camera.

I got into photography in high school (film) but it was cut short when the school turned the dark room into a padded room for a new program for special needs kids (no really im seroious about the padded room). so after that it was up to me so im pretty much self taught digital photographer. I one day took the DSLR leap and havne't looked back (except for holgas )

I like anything Tech and i also love the outdoors, heres me about 500 feet off the ground in NC

Im big into computers and hope to become a industrial orginization psychologist for a consulting firm and the later become a professor, do research and have lots of free time to take photos lol

A genral motif or theme im my photos are of urban and industrial feel to them. I find that even though there is something decapitated, rusted, forgotten it can still be interesting, even aesthetically pleasing. I get allot of questions about it, its about what that forgotten thing represented, how in a neglected state it can be beautiful or with dramatic lighting it can be profound. regardless the craft of making a photo still exists.

I run this website and Id love feedback etc. www.PHOTOGPOINT.com

thats about it, heres another one for giggles:

Last edited by ryan112ryan; 03-10-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    www.PHOTOGPOINT.com

Cameras: Nikon D200 W/ grip | Nikon D70s | Casio Z700 | Cannon TX1 | Cannon A530 | Nikon coolpix 5000 & 3700
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR | Nikon 50mm f1.8 | Nikon 60mm f2.8 micro | nikon 1.7 teleconverter | Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 | Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6
    Cases: Pelican 1550 | Lowe Pro sling shot 200 AW | Lowe Pro Nova 4 AW |

Hello, ryan112ryan! Nice to meet you. Thank you for introducing yourself. Seems like you have some quite different kinds of interests - like psychology, photography and rock climbing, not to mention your website! Cool!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Devushka Guest
    Hello! im new here!
    i found this forum looking for info about my camera... i have a panasonic Lumix DMC FZ10 and i LOVE it !! im really glad to find a place where i can meet other photography lovers....

anyways if u wanna check my pics.... here is a link

http://de-vush-ka.deviantart.com/

Hi Devushka!

Nice to meet you and welcome to these forums! I took a little look at your gallery. Your pictures look great! Like taken by a pro!

Well...I use to ask this, so I have to ask you too... : Do you feel like telling us some more about yourself and maybe show us a picture of yourself? You don't have to, but it would be nice to know some more about you. How long have you been interested in photography and taking photos, for instance?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on the board for a few days now, but decided I'd join when I finally figured out a question I'm dieing to get the answer to! (But I'll post that in the appropriate forum). It really seems like there's a great group of people here.

Anyway, my name is Sarah, I'm 25 from Massachusetts. I'm new to the digital SLR world - I actually just took the plunge and bought the Nikon D50 yesterday. I could finally afford it with the discontinued price cut and I can't wait to get it. I hope it wasn't a bad idea (if you think it was, please don't burst my bubble). I've been an avid photographer for years and have done a pretty good job at making the best of my point and shoots, but there are those certain things that I want to try that I just can't do with it, so I'm excited for it to arrive so I can start testing it out!

Sorry, I don't have a picture of myself to post at the moment.

Sarah

Hi spra4321!

Thank you for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you and welcome to these forums. Yes, there are many very nice and helpful people here.

Good luck with your Nikon D50 and hope you'll like to share a picture of yourself, once you have got one! And that you'll like to share other pictures you take, in the different forums, too, of course! (I hope that last sentence was understandable... )
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Smile

S1 portraits.
    FujiFilm F20
    Panasonic DMC-FZ7
    Oly e510 14-42 40-150 (for now)

Howdy folks. My name is Martin, I'm 22 and live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm currently studying astronomy and physics and like to play with cameras on the side I currently own a Panasonic DMC-LX1 and would love to upgrade to a dSLR but I'm a poor student at the moment. Regardless, my LX1 takes pretty cool pictures. I mostly hang out at the Photo Gallery section of the forum but make my way through the other parts from time to time.

Hello there, surfstar and iamaelephant! Nice meeting you and thank you for introducing yourselves. Welcome to the forums!

iamaelephant: Astronomy sounds interesting! What are your future plans? Your username seems a bit...strange...if I may say so? Like to explain it? I mean, you don't quite look like an elephant to me...

surfstar: Your cat looks kind of cool. Well, you don't look too bad yourself either... Feel like telling us some more about yourself, maybe?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS