Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Hi AdamW! Glad you like this idea. I see you're new here, so welcome to these forums!

You say you're waiting for Canon to design your perfect camera? Then, of course I have to ask - what would the perfect camera be like to you?

BTW - it looks like your hair has grown quite a lot, since 2004!

Nice meeting you!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)
    Fujifilm Fotonex 310ix (APS)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Ah yes, the $3.00 thrift store mullett wig. Came in handy....

The camera I want? Well, it's probably impossible, but I want an DSLR with a real live LCD screen preview, small body size but a full-frame sensor, in-camera image stabilization, and the ability to use AA batteries. I'm starting to want things that point & shoot cameras don't offer: faster lenses (lower aperture), full-frame sensor, less noise at higher ISO, etc. Perhaps someday. I'd love the G7 if it had less noise and a faster lens (say f/1.8 or f/2). Oh, and if it were cheaper. I'm thinking I might shop around for a used G6 if I can find one cheap.

Adam
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Thumbs up

I gotta say I think this thread is a great idea.

Anyway, my name is Peter and I love in Toronto, Canada (no it isn't snowing yet). I started taking - really bad - photos using a 1.0 megapixel Kodak DC215 camera that my mom actually found on the street (keep in mind it was a new camera at the time). I mostly just took photos of my cats and really poor photos for my website of Mac stuff (http://www.forcedperfect.net/) and then using my dad's Canon PowerShot A75.

Then I met my future wife and her fancy dSLR and big telephoto lens got me hooked on cameras. Now I have her Digital Rebel and an L lens of my own (and a 50mm f/1.4 USM coming from her for Christmas ;)) and spend way, way too much time reading camera reviews for models I will never own or simply don't want.

This is the only half decent photo of myself (I say that because having my wife in the photo draws the eyes away from me).

My personal best in photos. (Sorry for the Monty Python reference)
    Canon EOS 40D | Pro1 | EOS 630 (film) | S2 IS | G1
    EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 70-200 f/4 L | 580EX II

Hello, Forced Perfect! Nice to meet you. I'm glad you like this thread.

You're in that photo too? Where? Oh yeah! You must be the guy to the left! Sorry, I didn't see you at first...
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

Hi

First let me say Thank you for your service Gonetomorrow.
    This is me... My name is Gary, and I am 29. I am a guy. (I didn't think that was necessary but everyone else is doing it. Darned peer pressure! ) I tend to be a smidgen sarcastic, just ask my wife. I have a lovely daughter that likes to take pictures with the S2 because of the display allows her to compose a little easier. She doesn't quite have the coordination to use a viewfinder and work the controls at the same time. I am a CAD designer and use a nifty program called Solidworks to create 3d models. I was also an art student in high school and typically worked pencils and chalks. My wife howver introduced me to serious photography.

Up until May of 2006, I used a Minolta 35mm but jumped to the S2-IS for a business trip to San Francisco. I literally bought it at 7am the morning I got on the plane. I have really enjoyed it since. 6300 pictures taken and counting, and it has been a great camera so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Texan_Eagle_Scout; 12-04-2006 at 08:45 AM.
    Texan_Eagle_Scout
    Phoenix, AZ
    My Storefront here: http://www.photoworks.com/storefront/Texan_Eagle_Scout

Canon S2-IS (Mine and loving it!) 14000+ Images since May-2006 (12,000 in the first year!)

*New*Nikon D-50 w/28-80mmZoom (1:3.3-5.6 G) + 70-300mm (1:4-5.6 G) Body+2 Lenses=$749

*** No Longer Used ***
    Minolta Maxxum HTSI+ 35mm >AF/MF circuitry faulty<
    Minolta Maxxum 9000 >Drop damage while in storage <

Ok here's me if i must>>>>>

I don't take good pic's and all mine are usually with my animals. I have 5 boas and this is my biggest girl at 6'~ Flicka . I live in nrthn calif never married and no kids at 36. I work at the local mens' prison on the contraband desk and happy as i am. Ok without further adue, here is me. Now you know why im single.

Texan_Eagle_Scout and diggy415: Hello, nice meeting both of you!

Texan_Eagle_Scout, the Minolta 35 mm camera you mention, was that your first camera? How long have you been into photography?

diggy415, 5 boas? Sounds a kind of risky, for someone who is not used to having snakes at home. What camera(s) are you using and how long have you been into photography?
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS

ive had a variety of camera throughout my life, i just got rid of a minolta and like it, but was looking for closer zoom and had it all wrong and had more MP than zoom so now i have this sweet kodak Z650 and im in love, i can't stop taking pictures, in the mornings the sunrises and sunsets, birds, bulls out in the field, you name it, i love it even more now that i have a camera i can zoom in on the workd with. I have been shooting more so for the last 5 years. Opps see a sunrise, got to go>>>>

[QUOTE=Wesan;179414]Texan_Eagle_Scout and diggy415: Hello, nice meeting both of you!

Texan_Eagle_Scout, the Minolta 35 mm camera you mention, was that your first camera? How long have you been into photography?
    QUOTE]

I got into photography when my wife and I bought the Minolta HTsi+ w/28-80 + 70-300 zooms shortly after we got married. We were given the Maxxum 9000 about the same time but it needed some repairs when it was given to us. Before then I had never owned a serious camera, or even a moderately useful one. I always gotten good results from the disposables. Up until 3 weeks ago we both really enjoyed using the Minolta, that was when it had an unfortunate accident. My wife put it into her purse (her universal storage solution) and then shoved the purse under the plane seat in front of her. It appears that she ganked the camera in the process. The AF/MF button was acting up and we were going to take it in for diagnosis but she put it out of its misery with that maneuver. The repair was more than a new replacement 35mm camera. (See Post Signiature for details)

My wife took photography in high school, but I am self taught. I can't calculate f-stops, but I understand the mechanics of how the process works and can usually get what I want on film. I just read the instructions, some thing she still has yet to do for a camera that was 7 years old when it broke (the book and program reference card are in the camera bag at this moment, where they have been since we got them BTW). In fact she will ask me how to set something or change things all the time. I can't get her to read the books.

I was something of an art student in high school so the "through the lens" visualizing and composing was an easy thing to pick up. I really increased the volume of my shooting when I got the S2-IS in May '06. My counter is already over 6400 images taken. One thing I do not do is a lot of high speed shooting frame after frame. I mostly shoot single images and the like. So that number is a true indicator of my usage.

I am amazed at the talent of some of the members of this forum and the incredible results they achieve. They are truly gifted individuals...
    Texan_Eagle_Scout
    Phoenix, AZ
    My Storefront here: http://www.photoworks.com/storefront/Texan_Eagle_Scout

Canon S2-IS (Mine and loving it!) 14000+ Images since May-2006 (12,000 in the first year!)

*New*Nikon D-50 w/28-80mmZoom (1:3.3-5.6 G) + 70-300mm (1:4-5.6 G) Body+2 Lenses=$749

*** No Longer Used ***
    Minolta Maxxum HTSI+ 35mm >AF/MF circuitry faulty<
    Minolta Maxxum 9000 >Drop damage while in storage <

Hello Casey3699! Nice to meet you and welcome to this site. Thanks for introducing yourself. How long have you been into photography, BTW?

And thanks to everyone else, who have introduced themselves in this thread so far, too! Looking forward to see even more "photoholics" (and "normal photographers" too, of course ) introducing themselves here.

Remember - everybody is welcome to introduce themselves here. As long as you're interested in photography and cameras, you're welcome in this thread.

See you!
    Wesan

"Analogue"/film cameras
    Agfamatic 2000
    Canon EOS 600 (SLR)

Digital cameras
    Samsung Digimax 101
    Canon Powershot S3IS