Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Anyone?

I need a quick reply to my question please as I need to purchase the new batteries for my business asap.

From your original posting the answer is no. But the charger you have can charge different mah sized batteries. The higher the mah the longer they will take to charge fully
    40D 28-135 IS USM, 70-200 f4L IS,, 18-50 f2.8, 430 EX II, Canon S3

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

“The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.”

Benjamin Franklin

I'm actually pretty surprised at your answer Talkingdog as I assumed that it would take the higher mah batteries without being dangerous and you're telling me otherwise!!!

Obviously it would take longer to charge them up, but they would last longer when charged.

Are you 100% sure about your answer as I've been told otherwise elsewhere and am now confused!
    Last edited by hotlips69; 01-01-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Can any NiMH AA battery go into any charger? was the original question and that answer is no. Sorry didn't notice you were not the originator of the thread. Yes your charger should be fine with different sized (amp hour rating) batteries that are NiMH. Sorry for the confussion
    40D 28-135 IS USM, 70-200 f4L IS,, 18-50 f2.8, 430 EX II, Canon S3

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

“The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.”

Benjamin Franklin

MH-C204F with 2500/2700 mAh cells

The MH-C204x series charger don't have independent charging circuits, but parallel circuits. If the cells are at different capacities, undercharging of one cell can occur. For example, if one cells is 20% and the other 40%, the 20% cell will terminate charge when the 60% cell is full and charging terminated.

I love the BC-900, as it has independent circuits, an LCD display, and several charging modes that help to maintain NiMH cells. If the BC-900 doesn't suit your needs, look for a charger with independent charging circuits.