Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 95 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 458593949596971051451955951095 ... LastLast
    The second looks better, bokeh-wise. A lower F stop would yield better bokeh. I think the longer zoom on the second shot had something to do with it being more smooth.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by XaiLo View Post
    I'm going to keep this one short according to the denoted rules of this thread.

It does not matter when the photo was taken, as long as you only post ONE IMAGE PER DAY. You can add a picture everyday as long as it is different.

This being so! I find it more than just a tad bit hypocritical that someone posts five picks at the same time, of the same subject, in the same post, on the same day, and yes in this thread . And yet not one peep out of anyone condoning this action. What's even woarse is the person who started the assault and hijack of my thread posted two posts after this infraction and posted two pics of their own, of the same subject, also.

So I have a clear understanding now! Imaginary rules apply to "me" but perscribed rules can be ignored by everyone "else".

The attack on me had nothing to do with the fact that I started a thread about the D40. And I'm the one with the issues YEAH RIGHT!!!

5 pics

2 pics

I thought thie point of these boards and threads was for fun and interest in photography. Why should it matter if a few people [including myself] are posting multiple pix?

What is your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sbnr View Post
    What is your problem?
    Someone got on his case for posting about 15 pictures in a row in another thread. There was no harm intended, just an opinion provided...things got out of hand and there are still bad vibes lingering.

Hopefully this can be put behind.

Since I'm here, I'll post a pic. Hope I haven't posted this one before...

D80 | 0.003 sec (1/400) | f/8 | 70-300VR @ 145 mm | ISO 200

d50
    70-300apo
    macroing it today

PS-to those complainging about amount of pictures. THIS IS A FORUM NOT YOUR JOB,get over it and go complain about something worth arguing about.
    sony A300
    tamron 17-50 2.8
    Sony SAL 11-18
    Sony 35 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by lightinsky View Post
    Sorry, had to post two shots for comparison...
    Can anybody tell me if this is bad bokeh?? And how do I correct it, if even possible??

first shot at f/10 1/200s at 110mm using sigma 70-300

second shot at f/10 1/200s at 220mm.
    agree with j, you need to try a lower f stop to get nicer bokeh. i wouldn't say it was "bad" but it is quite angular. not sure on the sharpest point on that lens, but i'd be going down 2 stops or more if possible.

looks like a lot of sun hitting those bushes behind though where you want to achieve a smooth bokeh, that always makes it harder cos direct sunlight will amplify the problem, especially if the plants were a little dewey.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

swgod98

very nice, framing, background and subject.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Quote Originally Posted by swgod98 View Post
    D80 | 0.003 sec (1/400) | f/8 | 70-300VR @ 145 mm | ISO 200
    loving that lens.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sbnr View Post
    I thought thie point of these boards and threads was for fun and interest in photography. Why should it matter if a few people [including myself] are posting multiple pix?

What is your problem?
    My point exactly... well actually that is a question that should be addressed to jcon since he has declared himself the voice and justice league of dcresource.com.

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    No offense here but, posting 20 pictures within minutes of each other is a bit much. There is a Picture Of The Day thread and also a photo gallery forum. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing your photos, but I think its a bit much.

What would happen if there was a "Some D50 Pics" or D80, or D200, or D40x, and so on, it really takes over what the forum is here for. Again, I hope this isnt taken the wrong way, but its my understanding that there is a thread/forum designated for photo posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I am not really in favour of a D40 thread myself, for the reason that there already is a Nikon picture of the day thread to serve as a collection of shots taken with Nikon dSLRs. I feel there is no need for a thread for each particular model, mainly because ultimately its the lens and the photographer making the difference and the fact that a D40 has been used is irrelevant.
    I was just pointing out the hypocracy behind his supposed motivation of truth and justice for all. Fact is I did nothing that is outside the rules of this forum yet I got my thread hijacked because it did not meet with the personal agenda of others. I have been called all kind of names, I have been told what my motivations are by people here.

But the truth of the matter is I did what I have been doing for months in these forums. Which seems to be readily dismissed because that would mean certain people would have to admitt they are hypocrites. And are in all actuallity servicing their own personal agenda, which is really what this forum is not about.

So I am just pointing out a blatant hypocracy, no problem at all. If anyone really thinks I am wrong go take a look at the "Some S3 Pics" and "Some 30D Pics" threads and see if they are anything but thriving little communities. Then compare them to what's been said and implied of the "Some D40 Pics" thread. And you will see who really has the problem.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

if you took the same amount of time to type me out a HDR instruction post i;d be much better at it you know mate.
    flickr

How about this, shut the H.E.L.L up all of you, if you can't post pictures in this thread, start a new thread to argue in.

I don't want to sift through your arguing over all this BS to look at pictures.

Move it out of here, or stop posting all together.

This is when boards need an ignore button so I can choose to ignore posts by idiots that have nothing useful to provide to a board.

Phil
    Nikon D50
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom
    Nikkor 50mm F/1.8
    Nikon SB-600 (New for Xmas '08)
    LowePro Slingshot 200 Bag